Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Known issue that Shearwater hasn't quite figured out yet. Changing out the board and battery seems to work. I've now had both my Terics at Dive-Tronix (the US repair facility), the first I've had back for a couple of months and it seems to be working. The second worked fine until recently is now on its way back home after Dive-tronix changed out the battery and board.

During last months I don't use my Teric. First in storage mode the computer spent 1-2% of the charge i n10-15 days. Now I noticed that it is discharged by 2% every 1-2 days.
I do not know what happened because I don;t use it all this time. It’s hot in our room, so I moved it where it’s cool - maybe the battery reacts to it. But this was not the case last winter.
What else could affect battery drain?

That level of consumption (~1%/day) is normal when it's 'off'.

For detail about the Teric's battery: The Teric's Battery Performance.

That level of consumption (~1%/day) is normal when it's 'off'.

For detail about the Teric's battery: The Teric's Battery Performance.

Thank you!
I noticed that in a cold room the battery consumption became less. % of the battery does not change for 2 days and it pleases. I suspect that the fact that the computer was in a case and in a box in a warm room created adverse conditions. Perhaps I even damaged the battery.
Shearwater answered me that the battery needs to be replaced if the computer discharges by more than 4% per day in standby mode

Reactions: Jay

Back
Top Bottom