• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Teric issues

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by Greg Fuller, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Greg Fuller

Greg Fuller Garibaldi

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hi all. I took my brand new Teric for its first inland dive to 32m today and it malfunctioned the entire dive with incorrect depth, deco and temperature readouts. Anyone experience this before? Firmware has been updated.

Attached Files:

2. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    My Teric came with two "test dive" on it, the second was to 728 ft. (!!)
    When you scroll down the log, does it show more than the two dives in your picture?
    Definitely contact Shearwater!

3. Greg Fuller

Greg Fuller Garibaldi

Mine came with one test dive to 112m. I have contacted them. Possibly a corruption when I did the firmware update I hope.

4. Greg Fuller

Greg Fuller Garibaldi

Correction, test dive to 214m.

5. NorCalDM

NorCalDM Barracuda

Did you notice it malfunctioning during the dive or is this from the log as tursiops said there are test dives in the log. My Perdix had a log issue awhile back but it functioned perfectly during the dive. Shearwater is very responsive for me and had the issue corrected quickly.

6. Joneill

Joneill Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    From the first screen shot, it's very clear he is not talking about the test dive - it's definitely malfunctioning, so work with Shearwater and I'm sure they'll get this corrected for you. As it's a brand new unit, I'd suggest you ask that they replace it!

Jay likes this.
  7. azstinger11

azstinger11 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Yes. Both my and my wife's Teric had bad depth/temperature rating. My wife's Teric started dives on its own down to really deep and stupidity cold temperatures. My Teric would say it was doing 99 ft/min ascents, depth gauge would fluctuate quite a bit, depth readout error increased with depth (it would always be shallower than actual so actually at 80ft Teric would report 60), Temperature would randomly spike 20 degrees below actual temperature. Both were really early Terics (first weekend they were available for sale) and have been replaced by Shearwater.

8. rongoodman

rongoodman ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My first one had occasional depth sensor malfunctions on its very first trip. I noticed I was getting random ppO2 warnings and bogus maximum depths recorded. It was replaced as soon as I got back and the new one has never had a hitch.