Teric & Perdix AI different depth readings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GameChanger

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dove with my Teric and Perdix AI using a single transmitter. I noticed all throughout the dive that the Teric showed my depth to be ~2 feet more than my Perdix when I descended below 15'. I made sure I was holding my arms parallel to each other too. I know 2' is not a big deal. Anyone else notice this?

That's right at the edge of spec, if not out of spec.
For both units, the pressure accuracy is given as +/- 20mBar at the surface, +/- 100 mBar at 14 Bar.
That means the worst difference you might have (at 14 Bar = 140 m) is 200 mBar, which is about 2m, which is about 6.6 ft.
At the surface, the worst difference might be 40 mBar, which is about 0.4m, which is about 1.3 ft.
If it is a linear error, you might see your 2 ft difference at about 50-60 ft.

Have you assigned the same salinity value on both computers? Could one be set to freshwater and the other to salt?
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

I was diving in a local lake and I only changed the Perdix to fresh water. I forgot to change the Teric.

Great catch!
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom