Teric Sounds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a bit of a difference on the high tone vs low tone, I can hear the low tone better--in the end it seems like if you choose both vibrate and beep, that's when the beep is almost impossible to hear.

I just found this thread. I bought a Teric last month. dove with it in Tahiti two weeks ago and could not hear it either. I reached out to SW and ultimately sent the unit in to them. I just got it back, and the notes on the RO say "beep is audible". This makes me think Im crazy. "Hoping to have a firmware update that will enable the volume to be adjusted to the "beep" and other alarms/alerts, in the near future". i HAVE to have this!

Hello Okiediver, and thank you for productively replying to this thread. I spent a number of hours communicating with SW about the sound on the Teric. Sadly, there really does not seem to be a fix for it. The frequency used in the speaker just can not be adjusted that much to accommodate hearing loss in that range/frequency. The last firmware update did bring low toner, it is still in the same range as the original beep.

While I still dive with my Teric (I always have 2), My OCi has returned as my main Dive Computer. As I use the Alarm alot while I am Coaching (Swimming and Soccer) and running pool sessions with students. If I get back into Tech Diving, I would go back the the Teric more, but that is at least another years or 2 away.

The feeling from my communication was, that SW would probably change the speaker in the Teric 2 whenever that day comes. But I doubt I buy another.

Thank you MikadoWu. Circling back on this, I am seriously considering bailing on this unit and getting one I can hear. Anyone have any suggestions for a loud obnoxious DC? LOL, not really, I don't want to be annoying but I DONT like the fact I cannot hear the beep.

I have some hearing loss, however, when it comes to the alarm on my computer, it's not a problem.

The reason that it is not a problem is because I keep the alarm turned off anyway. If we stay aware as we dive, which we should, we don't need an alarm to tell us what's what.

That said, I'd be pleased to have a vibration alarm, not that I should need it.

Thank you MikadoWu. Circling back on this, I am seriously considering bailing on this unit and getting one I can hear. Anyone have any suggestions for a loud obnoxious DC? LOL, not really, I don't want to be annoying but I DONT like the fact I cannot hear the beep.
Well, I feel like I hear other divers' Suuntos any time I dive with someone who has one...

Sadly, I can recomend one. I can hear my Oceanic OCi/Geo2 and my old Atomic 2, but none of these had Trimix. If I was not planning to get into Trimix, I would have never purchased the Teric.

I have some hearing loss, however, when it comes to the alarm on my computer, it's not a problem.

The reason that it is not a problem is because I keep the alarm turned off anyway. If we stay aware as we dive, which we should, we don't need an alarm to tell us what's what.

That said, I'd be pleased to have a vibration alarm, not that I should need it.

Highly productive reply, thank you for the positive feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom