Teric users quick review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medium is perfect for me, I am not going to mess with it. For a lot of people getting the most bottom time is important. For me when diving on my own boat or friends boat, 10 minutes just doesn't matter to me. Cause if I want to stay down longer, I will just go up, eat a sandwich and have a coke, grab a new tank and drop again.

That's a good attitude. We've disagreed about a bunch of stuff over the last couple of weeks, but I'll give the thumbs up when we agree, as on this.

There's lots of info about the various models used by computers, and the point of a recreational mode is so that you don't necessarily need to drill down into theory. So, I'd just say that next time your blown out on some trip, maybe worth read. In the meantime, I will point out that this is a good attitude to take. No sense pushing the limits, especially when you're doing lots of dives.

Offer them advice? The op is asking for reviews and I shared my experience. I am not sure why, but a lot of people on SB seem to get up in arms when someone shares their experience. I am sure piling up the experiences, I thought this was a good place to share them.

BTW I never made a change to my watch so it is in medium mode, and I still had 12 minutes less of bottom than my son wearing my Oceanic.

Oceanic has a rep for not being as conservative as others, so I pointed that out. Suunto is super conservative. Those are just the facts.

I am sorry but I don't see how being able to make the Teric less conservative erases what I said in my original post, when I clearly said "if you like conservatism the Teric is perfect"

And that is absolutely true based on your explanation. My oceanic does not ever give me anything but a 3 minute safety stop. Unlike my Teric. So this was something new for me, and I wanted to share that so if he got a Teric, he could expect that to happen when he gets close to his NDL, I am not sure what that has to do with which algo is it running.

If these are experiences or points of view, I thank you for adding them to the thread.

That's a good attitude. We've disagreed about a bunch of stuff over the last couple of weeks, but I'll give the thumbs up when we agree, as on this.

There's lots of info about the various models used by computers, and the point of a recreational mode is so that you don't necessarily need to drill down into theory. So, I'd just say that next time your blown out on some trip, maybe worth read. In the meantime, I will point out that this is a good attitude to take. No sense pushing the limits, especially when you're doing lots of dives.

When I get to 500 dives and go Tech, I will give it a look :D Thats the biggest reason I bought the Teric, it holds 500 dives I believe. My OCI only holds like 25 and you gotta download it, and I just don't have time to mess with all that.

I considered the oci when it came out. I liked that it was an air integrated watch style but after reading more reviews on the board I decided to stick with my aeris.

When I get to 500 dives and go Tech, I will give it a look :D Thats the biggest reason I bought the Teric, it holds 500 dives I believe. My OCI only holds like 25 and you gotta download it, and I just don't have time to mess with all that.
The OCi holds a lot more than 25, but it only displays the most recent 25. If you get around to downloading, you'll recover a lot more than 25. But it is much harder to download....hard to beat the Bluetooth simplicity of the Teric.

Another advantage of reading the manual is it talks about things like SAC, and how to use it for different size tanks.:D

For those of you who’ve used both the teric and perdix what’s your opinion on the screen shape differences? The round screen on the teric feels cramped based off pictures.

For those of you who’ve used both the teric and perdix what’s your opinion on the screen shape differences? The round screen on the teric feels cramped based off pictures.

I have both. One on each wrist. My eyes go to the Teric every time. If it was a wee bit smaller, I would wear it as a watch. The screen is incredible.

I find more useful information at a glance on the Teric than the perdix.

I find it very legible, but I already had cheaters for the Perdix. The Teric is so bright and crisp it's almost the same as a slightly bigger font. Like the others, you can customize certain fields. You can also have the "big" version of the home screen with fewer fields.

I use both. setup is as follows on a recreational dive.

Teric: OC Rec, GF99/99, Surface GF field in middle row.
NDL and Surface GF monitored on Teric.

Perdix: OC Tec, GF50/70.
TTS monitored on Perdix where the Deco obligation (once I go past GF50/70) shows me the safety stop required to get me to Surface GF of 70.

Back
Top Bottom