Terms of Service reminder on behalf of the Moderation Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advisors

Registered
Reaction score
Due to an increase in what can only be described as "trolling games" over the past few months, the Moderators would like to remind users to review the Terms of Service and special rules for forums that have them. Trolling games may be fun for those "playing" but are disruptive and inconsiderate to others who would like to enjoy the forums without the disturbances these disruptions create.

To address this issue, the Moderation Team will be responding by unequivocal enforcement of the protocols regarding trolling and thread disruption as well as for posts consisting of off-topic comments intended to derail threads. Users who engage in deliberately disruptive behavior will risk more expeditious sanctioning than has been the case in the past. To the members who utilize these disruptive posting styles for self-amusement, the Moderation Team ask that you self-moderate. Have fun, but please show respect for your fellow participants.

Finally, the Moderation Team would like to remind members that they do not read every post, so if you see something amiss that needs their attention, please use the "Report" button to let them know about it.

Ah ... well ... except for The Pub, of course ... where off-topic IS the topic ... :wink: (that ain't no troll) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just seeking clarity here since I haven't really noticed anything amiss . . . Are you talking, for example about peering in our wetsuits and wanting a dive op to store said wetsuit?

Sincere question.

Ah ... well ... except for The Pub, of course ... where off-topic IS the topic ... :wink: (that ain't no troll) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Don't be so sure. I have witnessed a forum where moderators would routinely chime into threads in the dedicated off-topic section and tell people to remain on topic. No joke.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

By the way, where the heck is the Pub. I have looked, but not found. Is there a minimum dive count before I can get in? Two drink minimum?

Just seeking clarity here since I haven't really noticed anything amiss . . . Are you talking, for example about peering in our wetsuits and wanting a dive op to store said wetsuit?

Sincere question.

If you are " peering" in your wetsuit, perhaps that is cause for concern. Just saying...

By the way, where the heck is the Pub. I have looked, but not found. Is there a minimum dive count before I can get in? Two drink minimum?
The only requirements are an ill-considered opinion and the willingness to state it with conviction, as if you know what you're talking about. Drop in.

The only requirements are an ill-considered opinion and the willingness to state it with conviction, as if you know what you're talking about. Drop in.

Hah!! That link took me to a page that said the following. I should probably be working. :sulkoff:No need to point me to it.

"PhilaDallas, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Hah!! That link took me to a page that said the following. I should probably be working. :sulkoff:No need to point me to it.

"PhilaDallas, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

click on User CP, then Permission Groups to left, find Regulars then choose "join" and select

I think you need to go to UserCP, then Permission Groups, then find the Surface Interval Group and opt in. Something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom