Terrible experience with Sea & Sea and YS-D1s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI Turisops - yes you are correct - you would need to add a remote sensor and a sync cord to make it work reliably as a slave strobe. The triggerfish sensor seems to be the most commonly used for cave diving photography. Liz Rogers has a good write up here: Off camera strobes

Last edited:
Glad to hear this got sorted. I'd hate to think that you had to resort to a public flogging on SB to get results, but whatever works...

You are right about the Ikes being heavy, but I figure that when I stick them in my Peli case with an Aquatica housing, two D7000 bodies and three lenses (and a flat port, arms, chords, diopter, viewfinder etc.) another pound or two is neither here nor there.

I think part of the reason the Ikelights are very popular here, is that our water is so friggin' cold (39° to 42° below 70', year round) that you need some serious batteries to hold up. I generally shoot at about 2/3 max power and I can literally shoot 10 frames as fast as I can pull the trigger and not have an issue with the things recycling.

Anyway, good luck with your new toy!

Back
Top Bottom