Testing for skimlink phrase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skimlinks only generates links for links. Not just phrases.

Okay. But since I've got no idea what the links are, or if they have to be proper nouns like company names or trademarks, it was worthwhile to me to check it in practice. (It was in relation to a reported post.)

links are links like > ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home <- that is a link. Links (hyperlinks) are not just plain text... They are clickable text.

I know, Howard. I'm quite aware of what hyperlinks and skimlinks look like. The reported post had a link in it, so I was testing to see whether I could reproduce it without manually inserting a hyperlink--testing to see whether that particiular combination of words became a skimlink. Testing forum is for testing; if I had had a question, I would have placed it in a different forum. I don't have a question, and I'm clear about what was going on in the reported post.

I'm also responding in public as to how skimlinks work, since there are several paranoid users who misconstrue the skimlinks. I do not have links added to regular phrases. If that is the case, then I need to fix something.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom