Texas Clipper Reefing Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
TPWD announced on Saturday at the Wildlife Expo that the reefing of the Texas Clipper should occur on Tuesday, October 23, 2007. Of course, the reefing of the ship will depend on weather and sea conditions.

TPWD has cried wolf again. They have canceled the reefing till November 15 because they can't get enough dignataries for the 23rd date. This new date is probably a rouse as well. My understanding is they can't have more than 3 foot swells for the reefing. Any of you who are familiar with the Gulf of Mexico in November know there are better odds in Vegas.
I am no longer going to post this rediculous changing of the date anymore. IF the Texas Clipper ever makes to the bottom of the Gulf (and not the harbor) I will post that info.

TPWD has cried wolf again. They have canceled the reefing till November 15 because they can't get enough dignataries for the 23rd date. This new date is probably a rouse as well. My understanding is they can't have more than 3 foot swells for the reefing. Any of you who are familiar with the Gulf of Mexico in November know there are better odds in Vegas.
I am no longer going to post this rediculous changing of the date anymore. IF the Texas Clipper ever makes to the bottom of the Gulf (and not the harbor) I will post that info.

Ron you have REALLY done a good job posting and keeping the Tx. divers in partc. as best as possible informed---thanks!

Thanks for all your efforts to date, I understand your frustration. I say F' the dignataries and sink the dang thing. :wink:

I will continue to await the sinking, hoping for but not counting on the Nov. date, I guess I can use my clipper money to schedule a scientific diver course and pick up another tank, then budget for clipper trip in jan or later.

i'll play devil's advocate for a second after thinking it over for a day. TPWD continually gets money taken away from it. They increase our hunting and fishing fees just about every other year. Yet, the money that is earmarked for TPWD is diverted to other crap just like our highway funds. They need important people, so they are not forgotten. But, it still stinks.

Hey, let's strap coach fran to it, it'll kill three birds with one stone. It'll be a decent enough punishment for him, and A&M will have him off their hands. Oh, and he could be a dignatary from the University, since it was their ship.

Hey, let's strap coach fran to it, it'll kill three birds with one stone. It'll be a decent enough punishment for him, and A&M will have him off their hands. Oh, and he could be a dignatary from the University, since it was their ship.

i don't think i would mind that at all.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom