Texas Dive Show and Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm good with either day, i've already got my tickets!

Lone Star has half price coupons for the show, they are at 635 n Preston in Dallas, and 30 and Alta Mere in Fort Worth.

Roll call...I'm in! (At least for Saturday evening, that is.)

Ok so now let me see if I understand this... We get a real live chance to see the guy who spanks our posts and deletes them because we have offended someone... Will there be a dunking booth and how much---

Whoops... better say just kidding so I dont get in trouble again...

This is gonna be fun...

Actually,

I do very little moderating. But almost everyone thinks it's me who is the executioner! :D

Time: 5:30

Attendees:

NetDoc
TwoBit
The Valkyry
Guba
Chucksaul+1
psiborg
truckdiver
joe-diver

They have some sitting (drinking?) rooms off the main area. I'll see if i can reserve one.

One oddity about this place; We all know Texas has some strange liquor laws. This place is not constrained by the 51% rule (they don't have to have food account for 51% of gross sales) so it is a private club. Bring your drivers license.

There is a menu on the website.

Last edited:
One oddity about this place; We all know Texas has some strange liquor laws. This place is not constrained by the 51% rule (they don't have to have food account for 51% of gross sales) so it is a private club. Bring your drivers license.

I thought the 51% sign was required to be posted by businesses that derive 51% or more of their gross income from the sale of alcohol for consumption on premise. Of interest mainly to CCW so you know to leave the weapon in the car, and the TABC requires the sign be posted. The private club thing is usually because they're in a dry area and have to offer membership in a private club in order to be able to sell you alcohol.

Or I may be confused....I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I thought the 51% sign was required to be posted by businesses that derive 51% or more of their gross income from the sale of alcohol for consumption on premise. Of interest mainly to CCW so you know to leave the weapon in the car, and the TABC requires the sign be posted. The private club thing is usually because they're in a dry area and have to offer membership in a private club in order to be able to sell you alcohol.

Or I may be confused....I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I don't know if it's Plano or Collin County that still has the vestiges of the weird laws. Plano got rid of it's private club rules a couple years ago, but the places still have to sell more food than booze. I didn't know a place do do what they are doing until I talked to them about it.

I can't remember if I saw a sign or not. I don't look for them since I don't have my CHL.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom