Texas Gulf Coast dive operator list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did check with Copelands in Corpus Christi, and Wookie is correct, they no longer have their own boat.

I did get another operator though: "Top Cat" is run by John Barrera. 361-960-8855. No email or website information avalable.

-Chris

Dive Zone Scuba will resume commercial diving charters beginning 15 March 2015 from Freeport TX. Initial trips include 20 mile rigs and the VA Fogg / Star reef area.

The vessel is a 31 foot diesel powered vessel with a large cockpit specifically modified for transporting up to 6 divers and 3 crew. There are over 20 roll control tank holders and a total of 14 seat positions in the cockpit. The entire cockpit has overhead cover. The vessel contains a transom gate to a large swim platform with a flat rung ladder and a cockpit shower. There is also an enclosed head with shower, galley, and inside seating for 4. Rental equipment is available including tanks, weights, and nitrox fills. Safety equipment includes 2 EPIRBS, offshore rated personal floatation devices, and a life float. This is a much more spacious and dive dedicated vessel than our previous dive boat.

The vessel will always have at least one USCG captain and one usually two PADI instructors aboard for AOW deep dives and deep certifications. There will also normally be one PADI certified divemaster.

The boat can be booked completely by individual seats. We anticipate the availability of individual seats as a primary function of the vessel is for shop AOW and specialty dive certifications. For every $999 divers spend with Dive Zone Scuba in equipment, training, or charter fees, they also earn one free offshore trip. Qualified divers performing as the boat's divemaster, dive for free and also receive passenger tips.

See our website for additional trip details and boat pictures.

Could a Mod please "prune and sculpt" the list in the first post to keep it more user friendly?

Thanks.

Any updates to this pinned thread? My wife and I did oil rig dives years ago, but I've heard that they've mostly been ripped out. Are there any good ones left?

The last oil rig in clear water was 393. It was taken out this year. We dove above it a couple of weeks ago, the Atlantic spadefish are there. The remores were attempting to attach themselves on our Divemaster. Some of the people believed that they saw a hammerhead.

You now have to go to the va fogg liberty ship reef which is 36 miles out.

The closer in sites such as the Vancouver and West Bank are not reliable with respect to visibility.

Thanks for the update. That's kinda sad. Which shop did you use, or was it a private boat?

Thanks for the update. That's kinda sad. Which shop did you use, or was it a private boat?
Look carefully at his name and sig line....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom