Tg-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks jbilicska, yeh that's just the tg-4. It's great for snorkeling. I've got a YS-03 strobe I use with it when diving, but if I'm snorkeling or not going deeper than 20ish, just the tg-4 works good enough for my skill level :)

Chiming in as another happy TG4 owner - I haven't picked up a housing for it yet, so I've only used it on snorkeling/very shallow dives. Also use it for taking photos in my reef aquarium but that's a different story. :wink:

All in all, I've been very happy with it! I love the macro and that it shoots in RAW.

All these are with the TG4, housing and Olympus strobe. I love this camera

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 193
Yes, but found that sometimes macro mode is better. Depth of field in microscope mode is very shallow and at times was very limiting. Other than that, which is minor, I couldn't be happier with it.

I had trouble using the tg4 microscope mode in the housing. Much easier without it.
Were these shots with the housing

All shot are with the housing. The one thing you need to be VERY careful of with microscope mode. The minimum focal distance is about a quarter inch, that means if you have any dust, dirt, ect on the inside of the housing lens it will try and focus on that not the subject. This caused me a few headaches and actually really was pissing me off till I figure it out. My solution was simple. The only time I have the housing open is to remove or install the camera. Other than that keep it closed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 182
thnx.

I have a tg3 with case and sea & sea strobes and love it. I am not a pro but this setup makes me look like one. My dive buddy has a system that cost 4 times as much and he has stated he wishes he had my setup

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom