TG-6 & Backscatter M52 Wide Angle Lens issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did you "burp" the lens? I think there needs to be water between the lens and the case, no?

If you haven’t heard back from Backscatter yet, post this same thing on the Olympus TG page on Facebook. Michael Lodise from Backscatter is on there frequently and will probably reply to you very quickly. He’s been a great help to me in the past

I have the same setup and never had your problem. Not sure what the issue is

If you haven’t heard back from Backscatter yet, post this same thing on the Olympus TG page on Facebook. Michael Lodise from Backscatter is on there frequently and will probably reply to you very quickly. He’s been a great help to me in the past

I have the same setup and never had your problem. Not sure what the issue is

thank you
which Olympus group?
There are a few

what strange customer service from back scatter...

bewildering

beating around the bush

vague responses

I feel I need to get to the bottom of this with them

No response or not what you expected?

heres the chronology:

first email reply from BS with in 24 hours:

What mode are you shooting in? It’s best not to use the underwater wide angle setting on the camera. Also, what housing are you using? Make sure to allow the pocket between the lens and the camera housing fill with water.

Please reach out if you have any other questions. Thanks,

I responded :
aperture mode
I had already mentioned I was using the Olympus housing my initial email
and i ascertained that there was no water in the pocket between housing & lens

24 hours pass by - no response
so I send a follow up email

this is the response today - 48 hours later:
The vignetting looks the same underwater as it does topside, which indicates that either the pocket between the housing and the lens is not filled with water or that the lens is not attached correctly. Also, the shade is slightly crooked and visible in the image. Lastly, are you shooting with the Image Stabilization setting turned off? Try turning the IS setting on and see how this affects the image.

today, in parallel, I joined the facebook group
a few said they had no vignetting

finally someone tagged Michael from backscater and thats where I started losing faith in BS:

is this beating around the bush/dodging the issue?

upload_2021-5-20_20-17-16.png

Also, what housing are you using? Make sure to allow the pocket between the lens and the camera housing fill with water.

Please reach out if you have any other questions. Thanks,

I responded :
aperture mode
I had already mentioned I was using the Olympus housing my initial email
and i ascertained that there was no water in the pocket between housing & lens

View attachment 660470
Did you make a mistake in your response here? There MUST be water in the pocket between the housing and the lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom