TG3 vs TG4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
have a TG3 and love it - only thing I don't like is it takes a few steps to go from macro to the wide angle - kind of a pain underwater. looks like the TG4 has fixed this issue - looking at photos of the camera is the fish icon on the dial the macro setting?
also - will the TG4 fit in the same underwater housing that my TG3 fits into?

If you go for the TG4, keep the TG3, precisely because they do fit in the same housing.
My TG4 (I loved it until then) died a dry death during a dive (it just stopped working, not a drop of water) with 5 more days of diving to go on an LOB ... would have been really nice to have a spare with me... then

You might be able to program the custom (C) mode on the dial for macro if SCN will hold the wide mode (seems to work with TG4). They moved all the underwater modes from SCN to the fish, so you still have to bump the dial then slide left or right to get from macro to wide. I don't see any change in focus distance between wide and macro (the microscope works like a more traditional macro mode) so I guess it must adjust white balance or exposure settings.

I only upgraded to the 4 for RAW capture. I shoot in A and do my white balance correction on the raw files in lightroom, so I haven't found the need to change any settings underwater.

Back
Top Bottom