TG5 and new Tg6 Florida keys pictures 7/28/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a dumb question... the housing ships with a 'reflection blocking' ring. Do you use that? Do you leave it on the camera all the time, or just put it on before installing in the housing?

I'm just wondering how much actual effect it has.

Just a dumb question... the housing ships with a 'reflection blocking' ring. Do you use that? Do you leave it on the camera all the time, or just put it on before installing in the housing?

I'm just wondering how much actual effect it has.
Funny i dont know if it is on or not.
I didnt put it in on

Yea, I've had mine on 3 dives now, relatively poor visibility (lots of crud in the water) and haven't used it yet. I can't see any problem with the images, whether I look at camera JPG or raw images in Lightroom or Luminar3. Odd.

What I did notice this past dive is that the on-camera flash is simply not adequate for anything except very close macro. Looks like I'll be buying a small strobe (thinking Inon S2000) to go with it.

First I may see if my Kraken ring light can adapt (I have a 52mm-67mm ring). I looked today and am worried the flash bracket might not fit. It's a good ring light, but having it flash would be nice too.

Well darn. The Kraken 3000 ring light will screw on to the PT-059 housing with the adapter ring, but there is no space to install the flash bracket. Even if it could be slid in place, there's no way any optical sync cord would fit as there is just no space.

However, it does look like I could just jam the sync cord end in the space between the diffuser and the main housing body on the PT-059. I wonder why they didn't make a vertical-holed plastic plate that would fit?

(and the replacement optical plate sold by Backscatter that comes for example with the 52mm Air wide angle lens would certainly fit, but there would still be no space to plug in a cord.)

I will say that the Kraken 3000 mounted on a lens ring attached to the front of the PT-059 does make a very nice compact unit though. :)

If I try it next weekend I'll take a phone snapshot of it all set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom