TG5 / Raw Format Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I just rented a TG5 for one week and on the first day I just took pictures using the RAW Format. But this could not been loaded into my Pictures App on my mac, nor on my iOS. The day after, using Jpg it worked fine.
Do you guys have any idea how the Raw can be imported into the mac world?
Thank you for your help!

Yeah, OSX Photos doesn't support TG-5 raw format. You can open the raws with the free (and not so hot) Olympus Viewer 3 or with a number of paid photo apps such as DxO Photolab and Luminar. If you really want to use Photos, you can export as jpeg from any of the above apps and then load to Photos.

The topic is discussed in some detail here: Olympus TG-5 RAW pictures are 'lost' in MacOS Photos!: Olympus Compact Camera Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hope this helps, and enjoy the TG-5. It's a nice little camera.

Yeah, I was thoroughly annoyed to learn that Apple still doesn’t support RAW for the TG-5. To adapt, I changed my settings on the camera to take each pic in RAW and JPEG so I can easily load the JPEGs to my Apple devices. Then I also load the RAW images to my hard drive using IMAGE CAPTURE (not PHOTOS) to archive and I can edit those in Adobe Light Room if wanted. I dislike the extra steps and hope it is only needed for a short while.

You can get the free Adobe DNG converter, to convert the files to a DNG raw format. You would need to check to see your app can open the DNG format. That would be the way to go if you only rented the camera and assuming OS-X can open them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom