Thai Airfare reduced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arizona

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have details on the supposed reductions in airfare to Thailand? Rumor has it this is being done to boost tourism. I read something about this on Thai Visa. National park fees are being waived as well.

I think the proposal for the reduction of airfares and waiver of National Park fees is still under consideration of the Thai Government.

Hahaha! What a funny one! PAD closes the airports stranding 1000's of innocent tourist and get themselves a favorable government and now they want to lure back those same tourist.

As Bernard Trink used to say: "T*T(This is Thailand)", "Go Figure", "But, I Don't Give a Hoot"

"Enough Said" :rofl3:

Hahaha! What a funny one! PAD closes the airports stranding 1000's of innocent tourist and get themselves a favorable government and now they want to lure back those same tourist.

As Bernard Trink used to say: "T*T(This is Thailand)", "Go Figure", "But, I Don't Give a Hoot"

"Enough Said" :rofl3:

Yes, incredibly amazing Thailand...

I for one hope the airfare reduction and waiving the visa and National park fees will be approved. Imagine no more Similan and Surin Marine National Park fees, no more "ten-times Thai price" entrance fee when you want to go and visit a nice waterfall or jungle resort and cheap flight to do visa runs or holidays....
Even if the tourist don't come back those changes will make the lives of expats a little bit sunnier here in the Land of Smiles.

So far AirAsia.com from Kuala Lumpur and JetAirways from Singapore are all promoting heavily discounted flights to Thailand. On AirAsia a 15kg limit and strict excess charges might annoy the diver with heavy equipment.

THAI cut domestic, international prices

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) is cutting domestic airfare in between 45-55 percent from market price while dipping ticket price for international routes up to 50 percent, aims to stimulate traveling in first quarter this year.

"This is the first time the airline offers such extra lower airfare," Chris Chantalitanon, director area for Thailand, Indochina and Myanmar , said Wednesday.

-- The Nation 2009-01-21

http://www.thaivisa.com/

from my understanding that is not the case. It was one of many measures that the Thai Gov't proposed to jump start tourism here. I read somewhere that they will waive some visa fees and lower park entrance fees but most of the other measures were turned down including the reduced airfares. Not sure how the gov't planned to pull that one off. T.I.T.

If Thai airways cut their costs for international flights TO Thailand (which would be the case to increase tourism), I would hate to see how much they cost before. They are terribly expensive even when compared to companies like Cathay who is known for quality and service. Somebody please help the Thailand tourism indistry if this is how the government tries to boost it. I think it is more likely that jdfmail is correct about it being turned down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom