Thai Similan 3rd time diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
this is my latest Thai diving during Valentine. this is my 3rd time diving here, actually we suppose to dive in Malapascua but changed here because of virus situation.
we r so lucky that we can see whale sharks and oceanic Manta. we never see in similan before, but the visibility was very bad, cannot imagine we need to pray for visibility every dive.i didn't take my camera every dive because the viz is so bad. fortunately, i see big stuff when i choose to take camera. Lucky.

however, we got surprise.

Spectacular! I dream of seeing big pelagics like this some day!

What a lovely video! Must have been a great experience! If the lockdown weren't in place, I would be scouting for my next vacation right now! Just woke the itch in me real bad LOL!

Camera? Lens? Lights? Please list...

Thanks for sharing!

P

Very nice!

I add Similan to my dwindling bucket list. :)
Three trips to the same place in as many years I never saw anything like this ... :shakehead: must be the lack of boat traffic and propeller noise .. :daydream:

Wonder if this was near Richelieu Rock?

P

Yes. Sure.
Thanks everybody like my video.
Save our Ocean, save our home.

What a lovely video! Must have been a great experience! If the lockdown weren't in place, I would be scouting for my next vacation right now! Just woke the itch in me real bad LOL!

Camera? Lens? Lights? Please list...

Thanks for sharing!

P
thank you very much like my video.
i'm using sony a7r3, 1224G lens, ambient light only.

Three trips to the same place in as many years I never saw anything like this ... :shakehead: must be the lack of boat traffic and propeller noise .. :daydream:

P

P
Unforntunatley, i didn't see anything special in Richelieu Rock. most of the shot is being in Koh Tachai.
Koh Tachai is not special when i dove similan trip in the first 2 trips. i think big pelagics in Similan depaneds on Luck. may be few days after full moon is better??
Richeliei Rock is suck viz this year, i dove for 30mins and wanna go back this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom