Thailand - Help With Liveaboard Selection (October 2018)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,

We offer Thailand liveaboards with a number of operators and I've checked to see who has departures around your dates. We have availability on the vessels you mentioned, plus you could look at the Pawara, Sawasdee Fasai and Hallelujah. They all have good customer reviews and the Pawara and Sawasdee Fasai have 10% discounts at the moment.

We also price match, so if you do book with us you'll be getting the best price possible. :)

Enjoy planning your trip.

I know it's not 7 days, but Sawasdee Fasai does look nice. I'll have to look into this as well.

You will not find that.

Did some additional researches, and this appears to be true. "Cancel for any reason" is an additional insurance that covers between 50%-75%.

I'm looking at Sawasdee Fasai's itinerary and it mentions the following: "Departure is from Tablamu Pier in Khao Lak after free scheduled transfers from around Phuket and Khao Lak." So it doesn't matter where in Phuket I'm staying?

Any suggestions where to stay in Phuket for a day before / after diving (ideally, near the beach and food :wink: )? I've never been to Thailand, but I heard traffic is insane, so I don't think I want to be too far away from the airport either.

Any suggestions where to stay in Phuket for a day before / after diving (ideally, near the beach and food :wink: )? I've never been to Thailand, but I heard traffic is insane, so I don't think I want to be too far away from the airport either.
Nai Yang is about 2 miles from Phuket Airport. It has a nice beach, plenty of restaurants and saves you about 45 - 60 minutes in transfer time each way to Khao Lak as you do not have to travel from the South of Phuket.

All the live-aboard operators will pick up from there (or always have done in the past!)

Good suggestion in the previous post, pickup from there by Sawasdee Fasai is no problem at all, and should be around 18.00-18.30 hours. And after divi9ng you'll be the first out of the minibus :)

Back
Top Bottom