Thailand: west coast diving w/ variety of services, NOT Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'll be going to Thailand with my girlfriend this winter. She wants to get her Open Water but needs instruction in Japanese. I'll be doing specialty and free dives during that time in English. Then we want to do free dives together.

Since we'll be there in Dec/Jan the inland sea is out due to weather. I've been to Phuket and really don't need to go back! (Enjoyed Ko Tao quite a lot) Can anyone recommend areas that provide a variety of scuba services (and might have Japanese instruction) that aren't Phuket?

TIA!

Hi Todd,

Where did you stay in Phuket? Patong? The whole island is not like that at all (see my Phuket Blog).

Lots of Japanese instructors and dive shops in Phuket. One imagines you can find a Japanese instructor in Khao Lak or Phi Phi too. I did just call Phi Phi Scuba who we work with and they don't...but hang on there...try Moskito Diving in Phi Phi who have a Japanese Web Page, or Aqua Vision in Krabi, they should be able to help according to their web site.

All the best
Jamie
Dive The World (Phuket)

Thanks Jamie and Paul! I'll follow up on Mosquito and on other sites on Phuket per your recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom