Thank you for a wonderful 2010 Dive Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today was the final dive for Giant Stride in 2010 as I am off for some blue water diving next week.

To end the year, we went treasure hunting and exploring at Little Devil's Cove. Visibility was 10' or more in most areas, with some patches with lower visibility.

The divers spread out over the site and covered both sides of the cove, with some success in finding leftover goodies from the summer. Check out the photos for details from today's dive at Trip Report and Photos - December 18, 2010.

I want to thank you all for allowing us the opportunity to dive with you throughout the year. It is always a pleasure having you out to enjoy a day in the lake exploring the sites, blowing bubbles and sharing your interest in scuba diving.

We had over 500 divers out this season ranging in experience from newly certified to advanced rebreather divers and everything in between. Guests from Paris, France to Cozumel to Alaska to Paris, Texas and local divers took us out for a dive, we had 10 year olds and older in the water.

Many divers enjoyed searching for and collecting items lost to the lake - hundreds of sun glasses were recovered, two college rings (U.T. and A&M), a nearly full bottle of Jameson whiskey, several unopened beers and soft drinks, a marijuana pipe, jewelery, cell phones, cameras, clothes, anchors, scuba equipment, swim goggles and much more.

A big thanks goes to the Dive Masters who came out to help the divers and students. Your assistance and professionalism was instrumental to the safety and enjoyment for our divers. I couldn't do it without you and for that I am grateful.

Thank you to the dive shops that have used Lake Travis Scuba and Giant Stride as a training platform and for fun dives for their customers.

We would like to hear from you, have you share a favorite story or experience from your dive with Lake Travis Scuba.

We look forward to seeing you out for more diving and exploring Lake Travis in 2011. We are running charters year round for those with proper thermal protection.

Happy Holidays and New Year. Dive Safely and Often.

Robert Weiss
Lake Travis Scuba
www.LakeTravisScuba.com

Dang - wish I'd found that bottle o'Jameson's! :)

Thank you so much for everything you do to benefit the Austin diving community Robert -- we really appreciate you!

Thanks for everything Robert- and I'm glad to know Alaska represented,... uh,... something...

Thanks Robert !
Oh What Fun It is To Ride on you're boat !!

'Looking forward to additional bliss in '11 aboard the ' Stride !! :wink:

Thank you Robert!
We all appreciate the great service that you provide!

Thanks Robert, it is always an enjoyable time diving aboard your boat. I plan on many more trips to Austin in the future.

Hey Robert, thanks for providing a great dive platform for us. Have a Merry Christmas and and a great vacation. See you on the GS soon !!

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom