Thank you SeaLife and This board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Quick backstory, I bought my wife the MicroHD (original 16gb) for christmas 2014 to replace the Canon G9 and Olympus tough that got stolen in Grand Cayman, without having plans to use it right away. We toy around with a few trips until we go to Utila hoping for whale sharks. Sadly we struck out on the whale sharks, but scored big time with the resort (Utopia) as well as the dive Op. I was an idiot on a shore dive and took the SeaLife forgetting that I had placed the USB adapter on and ended up causing damage to the adapter and was unable to download anything for the rest of the week. I could charge, but couldn't download so it wasn't a total loss. Enter this board, I posted about my issue and immediately had a Tech respond to me and asked me to directly email him and he sent me a replacement USB adapted for no cost!. Scored points with the misses when it was waiting for us when we got back to the states.

Enter our last trip in May to Bonaire, I don't take many photos anymore, I used to enjoy photography more as a way to slow myself down as I was diving, appreciating the little things, The camera acted very strange and would lock up and I would be unable to do anything with it, again this board (and someone pointing out the page number of the manual) showed me how to reset it, and I was back running again. However it kept happening and soon happened so much I couldn't use the camera at all.

Returning to the states thinking Well I got 3 good years out of it, and quite a few dives it's far from a loss, but let's see if a quick fix is possible. I contacted SeaLife and they sent me an RMA form asking me to mail it to their repair facility and see what can be done. Sure Ill send it away and hopefully they'll tell me if its savable or not. Four days from when I went to the post office I got a box on my doorstep from Pioneer Research INC (whom I had just sent the camera to). Inside the box I find a MicroHD+ and a notice telling me that they were able to clear the old camera contact, download the photos and save them to my NEW MicroHD+!.

Thank you SeaLife
TL,DR : Broke my SeaLife, sent it back,and they returned an New Upgraded Camera!

Makes me even happier with my decision to get a Sealife DC2000. Now if it would only arrive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom