Thank you to those who recommended Sunset House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just back from a great trip.

As promised in the recommendations I received, it isn't fancy, but it is clean and comfortable and the dive operation is first rate. The dive groups were a nice size without the boats being over-crowded. My Bar is a fun, casual place to relax after a day in the water.

I enjoyed some of the most fun dives I have done, as the silver sides were out in mass filling every cave and crevasse to be found.

All in all and excellent, albeit too short, trip.

Good to hear that, thanks.

We're heading out to Sunset House next week. Can't wait.

Last time we were there was 2010. They've apparently renovated the rooms since then...?

What's the water temperature like? I see one site showing 85°F, which should be about right. But the official Grand Caymans site is showing 75°F which...shouldn't be right.

my computer showed 84.2 to be exact.

Not knowing what the rooms look like before, hard to say if they have been renovated, but I would say they looked basic but not worn, so yes, a renovation probably took place.

Have a great trip.

I found the beds comfortable, although not quite as firm as I prefer, so you will probably be fine. We have an extra firm mattress at home.

That's why we've got a Sleep Number king mattress at home. I have my half set at 35, and my wife has hers at 85...we'd never agree on a mattress otherwise...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom