Thanks for help with new Rebreather Basics book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm really excited to announce that my new book "The Basics of Rebreather Diving" arrived yesterday while I was out diving at Cow Spring. This really took a lifetime to write, but it was not done in a vacuum. Many people deserve thanks for their help and friendship along the way.

My deepest gratitude goes to Dr. Bill Stone who taught me about welcoming failure and recognizing it as a building block in achievement - learning when to turn back and call it a day. Sincerest thanks also go to my friend and colleague Kevin Gurr, who always believes in my abilities and kindly offers wisdom, support, ideas and friendship every step of the way. I must also thank an early instructor, Dale McKnight, who applauded me when I aborted my first deco dive, rewarding me for good judgment just when I needed that important feedback. My dear friend Kristine Rae Olmsted and her entire family have been some of my greatest supporters, encouraging me when times got challenging, and Jim Bowden, my frequent sounding board, listened to me rant and reminded me about why we do this thing called exploration. Richie Kohler used precious time to help by writing a wonderful and wise foreword for the book.

Buy the book here

I owe a great debt to the many friends and colleagues that lost their lives, but illustrated a safer path for us to follow. They will be missed and always remembered for their contributions and dedication to the sport.
I also want to thank the multitude of dive partners, expeditionary colleagues and dear friends who either adorn my photos or overwhelm my brain with memorable experiences: Bill Adams, Matthew Addison, Sam Bennett, Scott Blair, Curt Bowen, Kenny Broad, Michael Bryant, Nick Caloyianis, Ron Carmichael, Pedro Cervantes, Craig Challen, Alex Chequer, Klaus Christiansen, Mel Clark, Christian Clark, Megan Cook, John Conway, Jo Cribley, John Dalla-Zuanna, Noel Dillon, Peter Eklund, Ali Falcone, John Falcone, Amy Ferguson, Bob Ferguson, Andrew Fock, Mike Goodheart, Brett Gonzalez, Dmitri Gorski, Kevin Gurr, Poby Han, Richard “Harry” Harris, RB Havens, Paul Heinerth, Tom Iliffe, Tom Johnson, Brian Kakuk, Carrie Kohler, Richie Kohler, Rasmus Lauritsen, Sang Jun Lee, Steve Lewis, Graham Maddocks, Jason Mallinson, Andreas “Matt” Matthes, Curt McNamee, Patti Meg Diver, Patty Mortara, Tom Mount, Gil Nolan, Kristine Rae Olmsted, Casey Omholt, Lynn Partridge, Bruce Partridge, Andrew Poole, Uwe Rath, Paul Raemakers, Jakub Rehacek, Eric Reintsma, Ben Roberts, Bruce Robertson, Jim Rozzi, Becky Kagan Schott, Phil Short, Ken Smith, Kim Smith, Peter Sotis, Eric Stadtmueller, Gregg Stanton, Bill Stone, Mitsuyoshi Tanaka, Terry Thomas, John Vanderleest, John Weisbrich and Jeff Wollenberg.

I also wish to thank the following people for additional photos in this text: Nic Alvarado, Cis Lunar Development Labs, Inc., Richard Harris, Richie Kohler, Mark Long, Richard Nordstrom, Hannah Nowill, Gene Page, US Deep Caving Team, Inc., Wes Skiles, Robert McClellan and Leon Scamahorn.

Equipment manufacturers along the way have helped me stay in this very expensive business. I hope we all created mutually beneficial relationships that moved us each forward. VR Technology, Hollis, Suunto, Santi, Light Monkey, Waterproof, Ursuit, Aqualung, Aquatica, Dive Rite and so many others have been very generous with support through the years.

Most importantly, I wish to express the deepest gratitude to my loving husband Robert McClellan, who supports me in every aspect of my life and career. I was looking for a life partner and somehow got the amazing bonus of a talented writer, editor, new media expert, sound designer, shipping department and manager of the unmanageable. I am a very lucky girl.

Life is pretty good this Christmas! We have an amazing community don't we?

Jill

RebreatherBookA.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's already on the way--looking forward to seeing it. (Just back from a trip to DiveTech putting some hours on the Prism 2, and loving it!)

It will be a few years before I am ready for rebreathers but I am a firm believer in educating myself before making a major investment of my hard earned money. So my copy from Amazon ships tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom