That old Pattaya question again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best you can really hope for in Pattaya is to work for free diving.

That's not a very good deal given that the diving itself isn't all that exciting most of the time around Pattaya. Maybe it's time for you to do your IDC and become an Instructor. Then you can dive for free and make some money on top...

Having dived and/or worked with most of the dive shops around Pattaya over recent years I have very little confidence in many of them.
In my mind the best and most proffessional one to do an internship is Real Divers, a small familly run operation. And I believe now they will do it on a pay as you go bassis, avoiding a large initial outlay.
Despite what you may be told by the big shops, there is little or no chance of making a living as a DM in Pattaya. Indeed I have even been asked by one shop to pay a substantial ammount of money to work as a DM on their boat???? (dive south east asia). how stupid do they think people are?
The best you can really hope for in Pattaya is to work for free diving.

I have dived with almost all of them and Real Divers were OK.
I made my Rescue Diver course with them and it was made good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom