• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The adventure begins today...

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Lefty Writer, May 6, 2011.

1. Lefty Writer

Lefty Writer Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Good morning, and Happy Friday, y'all!
    Today my wife and I begin a our new adventure in this fascinating sport. We start our OW classes this evening in the NASA/Clear Lake area of Houston! We've been studying our textbook for the past couple of weeks, and I've been reading as many posts on this board as time allows.

Ever since I went snorkeling in Tahiti so many years ago, I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and now the timing has worked out for us.

I hope to post a regular series of blogs on our training on my newly established blog here: Lefty Writes.

Have a great day, everyone!

carpe cerevisi

2. tstormdiver

tstormdiver Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Good luck to you & have fun!!!:D

Warning: it can be a very addicting sport.....:cool2:

3. LivBlue

LivBlue Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I'm currently 1/2 way through. Did all the pool stuff last week and this week we hit Clear Springs dive park outside of Dallas. Can't say I'm overly enthused about getting in a lake but hey it's to get the cert. So far the classes have been pretty fun and the teachers were very good. All experience levels in the class so anyone should fit right in. Good Luck!

4. seaducer

seaducer Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Good luck and congratulations!

5. kathydee

kathydee Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Have fun & Good luck!!

AGREED!!!

6. ScubaNurse758

ScubaNurse758 Solo Diver

As if I wasnt already depressed about having to be stuck in the hospital all weekend...... a little salt for the ole wound!:sad:

7. rameus

rameus Dive Travel Professional

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    well then go out there and have fun. just remember the basic padi-rule:
    go places - meet people - do things :) :popcorn:

8. CaliDenna

CaliDenna Solo Diver

You are going to have a BLAST!!! And you will meet lots of great people as I already have!

I took my OW in Mar-Apr and then jumped in and did my AOW by going on a week long group trip to Grand Cayman. There I even did the two boat dives everyday, numerous shore dives, an extra boat dive to dive the Kittiwake and a night boat dive. As others said, VERY ADDICTING......and so off I went yesterday to Catalina Island for the day for a couple of dives.

Welcome to the beginning of a great new fantastic adventure!!

9. SnorkelLA

SnorkelLA DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My wife just got certified this past week. I was chillin in the classroom so I could experience it with her.

The classroom quizzes aren't hard(without giving anything away), and they do an in-depth review with you.

10. diveprof

diveprof Regular of the Pub

# of Dives:
    There might be support groups and 12 step programs for this sport, but they don't work because everyone's an enabler. Enjoy!