The Balmy Baltics! Ice-Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this thread is old. But i'm in Tallin until end of december. I would love to do an ice-dive here but i didn't find any dive center which offers it.

Can you give me some address or some tips to find one ? Do I need to have a certification for ice-diving or to use an dry-suit ? I've already ice dive in France, but it was with CMAS, no certification needed. I have a PADI certification ; i'm divemaster.

Thanks in advance for your help ! :)

We'll see what we can do. Send me a PM. Our club and 2-3 others regularly ice-dive. End of Dec may not work because the ice has to be thick enough. I dive with one of your countrymen, Jean, do you know him? :D
A drysuit is not an absolute necessity, but recommended.
Contact me with PM and I send you my local contact info and other pertinent stuff.

We'll see what we can do. Send me a PM. Our club and 2-3 others regularly ice-dive. End of Dec may not work because the ice has to be thick enough. I dive with one of your countrymen, Jean, do you know him? :D
A drysuit is not an absolute necessity, but recommended.
Contact me with PM and I send you my local contact info and other pertinent stuff.

HI MIke !!!! Miss you...can I join your club,too? LOL-you know there's no way you'd get me under the ice:D:D

The ice is no thick enough in december ? I'm surprised, i have already done a ice dive in beginning of january, but in France, which is less cold than Estonia.

Anyway, i send you a MP for further information !

It could be thick enough, but not likely. Remember, we live on the sea and the water has a tendency to slow down the freeze a bit.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom