The best deal 4 Poor knights diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you may find we offer the best dive deal at PK.. 2 dives for $99. I have been out on Martins boat and enjoyed the day. We can do the lowest cost dives because our dive boat is much lower cost to run.. we take 10 divers too.. BYO lunch.. but if you want a luxury lunch then PK dive wins hands down.. anyway find us at LUXURY PADI DIVE COURSE.. TO The Tropics.. Vanuatu

I went diving mid Dec - and the waters were a balmy 18C, but it felt more like zero.

I did not dive with pkdive.co.nz but rather, with Dive! Tutukaka. I think they are the largest diving outfit there.

Stayed at the Backpackers Falls Backpackers Whangarei Falls Holiday Park & Backpackers for 32$/night.

pkdive charges $215 including full hire/rental and lunch.

Dive! Tutukaka charges $225 for full hire/rental. They will prepare a sandwhich, apple and cookie lunch bag for you for an extra $10. When reserving, ask them for the 1 free night accomodataion for every dive (I did not know about this special when I booked). They also have a free shuttle every morning that picks up divers in the Whangarei area (~25 minutes drive). You can also take the free shuttle back to your hotel at the end of the day. The dive and service itself was excellent. I carried no gear and they set up everything for you before each dive.

My only suggestion .. bring your diving gloves - they are not supplied and maybe a skullcap. Two peice 7mm farmerjohn is supplied.

If you have any questions about Dive! Tutukaka, feel free to ask.

2182899588_902ef88bb1.jpg

Feel free to get in contact and book your club in for a trip to White or Mayor Isl.. The overnight one is best on the giant SAIL CAT..

That rate is for tourists.. for dive clubs I can do a much better deal.. like $70 per head for 8 or more divers...

I have been out on Martins boat and enjoyed the day.
And if I recall correctly you buggered off after the dive and didn't pay either....for all 8 people you took on his boat?

I think you may find we offer the best dive deal at PK.. 2 dives for $99. I have been out on Martins boat and enjoyed the day. We can do the lowest cost dives because our dive boat is much lower cost to run.. we take 10 divers too.. BYO lunch.. but if you want a luxury lunch then PK dive wins hands down.. anyway find us at LUXURY PADI DIVE COURSE.. TO The Tropics.. Vanuatu

It's not all about the cost scubascooby:no (well not with us anyway) Great service is equally ,if not more, important. Saying that, PK seem to have a very competitive price for two dives and we don't have to fanny about making a packed lunch at 6 am in the morning. Replies to my somewhat picky emails regarding the "cold" water have been answered promptly (and with a great sense of humour:D)
PLUS you can't go past recommedations and they seem to have quite a fan club here.
Lets just hope this bloody awful weather cheers up:(

Feel free to get in contact and book your club in for a trip to White or Mayor Isl.. The overnight one is best on the giant SAIL CAT..

Sorry Scooby but after the infomation I have been given on you and your operation our club would not dive with you if you were the last charter in NZ. :no

And I urge all other scubaboarders to avoid using you as well.

Sorry but that is not true... all the people I booked were paid for in full..

hey packhorse never believe everything your told... I have plenty of satisfied customers over the years and 100% safety record.. you can only judge something after you have tasted it... not by listening to hearsay..

Back
Top Bottom