"The Best." Oxygen Analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do like that form factor. Have you had to replace a sensor yet? Just wondering if it is simple or a chore.

Hi TXgoose...

I'm still on the original sensor, self changing the sensor is a snap, even for a girl.

Unscrew the end, the sensor is right there, change it out, and you're good to go, same with the battery.

The analyzer comes with a screw apart clear plastic storage tube that is quite rugged, there is also a wrist lanyard.

The instruction booklet is very comprehensive and can be kept in the storage tube with the analyzer.

I deal directly with Nuvair, they are wonderful people.

Rose

Hello Boston Breaker,

Check nuvair.com and look at the 02 Quickstick, the new model is green in color.
I love mine.

Rose
Very interesting. Thanks for your time. Would you say....your'e satisfied with their customer service?
Also, do you have the manual as a P.D.F.
Cheers.

Hi TXgoose...
Unscrew the end, the sensor is right there, change it out, and you're good to go, same with the battery.

The analyzer comes with a screw apart clear plastic storage tube that is quite rugged, there is also a wrist lanyard.
Rose

Good info. Thank you!
Thank you @Saniflush as well.

Very interesting. Thanks for your time. Would you say....your'e satisfied with their customer service?
Also, do you have the manual as a P.D.F.
Cheers.

Hi Boston Breaker,

The customer service at Nuvair is excellent.

I can't comment on the availability of a PDF version manual, I keep the paper manual with the analyzer in the accompanying storage tube, and another paper copy in my office file.

I also have a second oxygen analyzer, an Analytical Industries PALM. I perform a comparison check, just to be sure, maybe not necessary, but gives me safety assurance. My PALM unit came with a USB port stick manual, I prefer a paper document that I can read immediately, when ever, where ever, as there is not always a computer available, sometimes old school is just better.

Rose

I currently use an Oxyspy that I got in a bulk gear buy from a very close friend. It works fine and sensor replacement is simple. But, I dont believe they are being sold anymore. When I get another in a few months, it will be an El Cheapo style home build.

DW

I have both and El Cheapo and an Expedition. The El Cheapo works well enough that I only use the Expedition in tandem with the Expedition He for Trimix analysis. With the 10 turn pot I actually prefer the El Cheapo, I wish they would have put one on the Expedition. Also I have found the sensor on the El Cheapo lasts quite a bit longer than the one on the Expedition.

I rely on the expertise of my LDS, I check with their equipment and before screwing on a first stage I check with an el cheapo analyser.
You say you dive at remote locations but do you fill your tanks at unknown and remote locations too?

there is no better way to do it than that. the purpose is to do a check to see if the shop filled the tank with the right mix, It makes no since to use the same checker that the shop used to do it with. My reasons is this.

Whose checker is used more often? the shops. when mine is not being used i keep the cap on the sensor to keep it from having a fresh O2 atmosphere to make it work. If I check tanks once a week the sensoris exposed (in usage) for a few minutes. In a shop the sensor is exposed probably all day. My sensor lasts years theirs lasts months. theirs develope errors near end of their usage life. Using your checker will identify that there is a difference in the readings. It becomes a trigger for a cell replacement. I have had 32 tanks in coz before and they were actually 28 by my checker and 32 per theirs. checking mine when I got back to tehstates showed mine was acurate. The error could have just as well been theirs showing 32 and mine showing 45. shops should never use the same checker in all phases for that reason. Especially if they PP you mix.. banked is an other issue because you can compare your readings with the readings of other divers testers. there is too much at stake when you base setings and plans based on a single or perhaps faulty gas reading.

Hello. I never got back to this. I ended up finding a "Slightly." used Oxycheck for $160.00
It still had the plastic film protecting the digital display, and showed virtually no signs of use. The O2 sensor was dead.
A buddy of mine owed me a small favor, and sent me one (Different.) no charge.
Connecting to the L.P. inflation hose didn't take long to get used to. I've always taken readings straight from the valve.
This manner seems more accurate, at least to me.
Cheers.
P_20201011_184010.jpg
P_20201011_184516.jpg
P_20201011_184404.jpg
P_20201011_184907.jpg

Any opinions on the Analox analyzer?

I just ordered the Divesoft DNA analyzer. The issue with the others is simply their size: I don’t want to travel with anything more than I have to. Cost for the device and the sensor right around $300. Will report back on my experience as I’ve got a dive trip next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom