The Best Titanium Knife Under $100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if the Wenoka attaches to BCs well? Like on the right side of your BC? I want to get my friend a new dive knife for Christmas because his doesn't clip in and stay in anymore...and so far everyone like this one haha

Also... is just the tip sharp and the flat side is dull on the tanto style? That's what it looks like in the picture. Versus like a blunt tip that is actually sharp on the tip? That's confusing sorry!

Hey RTB,
I think that the Wenoka mounts well. It comes with several options. I tried the LPI hose mount and also tried it clipped to the webbing on my cummerbund, but now I have it mounted horizontally on the cummerbund, which I find convenient to reach with either hand. I would think your friend should be able to find a mounting option which works for him. As far as sharpness, the plain edge and the top edge of the Tanto tip are sharp, but the back side at the top (the half inch or so before the serrations start) is not sharpened. Hopefully these answers help, but let me know if this wasn't a clear description,
Colin

i purchased a wenoka squeeze titanium knife and lost it on my first dive.....so i replaced it with another and had same problem....they don't seem to lock into the sheath that well...i would recommend something that is more secure

anyone know who manufacturers the wenoka squeeze knife? i've tried to locate a website to contact them and have been unsuccessful thusfar

I have three titanium knives - 2 of the old Halcyon ones plus an OMS. You can get the OMS on ebay for <$30. The plastic sheath broke on mine so I got one stitched up from a bit of harness webbing for $5

+1 for the Halcyon Ti knife.

I have two of these - one on each of my single and double tank rigs.

The knife does everything I need, doesn't blunt or rust, takes up little space (on harness waistband) and is amazingly sharp.

I've used in on numerous occasions - cleaning nets and line of reefs and wrecks. The best example I can give was when I had to deal with an incident involving a fishing boat that was dragging anchor across reef and endangering my divers. Two quick swipes of the knife severed the 2" plastic anchor rope. Very impressive!

There's just no need to spend more money on any other brand of knife....

I know this is old but...
The Halcyon H Knife appears to be the exact same knife as the OxyCheq Ti Knife which is sold for half the price?

Has anyone seen both side by side?

I think it is the same knife. I've seen other brands that also seem identical to the Halcyon Ti knife. I think they may well be produced centrally and then sold by various brands.

Whilst the knives are identical, the sheaths aren't.

I love the sheath that Halcyon make. Some of the other brands that sell the knife don't have great quality sheaths. I don't know how the Oxycheq one compares?

I avoid plastic 'lockable' sheaths like the plague.

Other brands that sell the identical knife (with different sheath) are:

Northern Diver
KN13 Titanium BCD Knife
Northern_Diver_KN14_Titanium_BCD_Knife.jpg

Leisure Pro sell this version: It looks like a copy..the blade may be slightly different?
Blue Reef Mini Titanium 3" Knife
54182-large_BLRKM.JPG

This one by 'Innovative Scuba'.
Innovative Scuba Titanium Mini Knife
Innovative-Titanium-3-BC-Knife.jpg
Innovative-3-Titanium-Knife.jpg

And, again, this one is called a 'Titan BC Knife':

K3_large.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom