The Blue Wild -- Ft Laud -- April 14-15, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The 11th Annual Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo, an action-packed water sports expo for watersport enthusiasts of all ages, returns to the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center April 14-15, 2018.

Produced by Sheri Daye, the Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo is South Florida’s premier water sports expo. Daye crafted the expo to be both educational and entertaining where attendees can learn from renowned speakers about the latest techniques, shop cool products, and socialize with like-minded ocean lovers.

Spanning 65,000 square feet, the indoor event attracts upwards of 5,000 attendees and over 150 exhibitors which specialize in freediving, scuba, spearfishing, lobstering, fishing, paddle boarding, adventure travel and more. The event also features one of the most extensive marine art and underwater photography exhibits in the country.

Several educational seminars, taught by world-class experts and celebrity-speakers like TV personality Manny Puig, Gatorboy Chris Gillette, and other personalities, are scheduled throughout the weekend and open to anyone who wants to attend.

In addition, daily interactive workshops hosted by industry experts offer proven techniques and tips including freediving tips, underwater photography, yoga for divers, lionfish preparation and sampling, and more. The popular Kids Zone will offer free face painting, art classes, and crab races – the Blue Wild offers activities for the whole family to enjoy.

“What began as a small charity event has evolved over the past eleven years and flourished into an exciting, must-attend event,” said Sheri Daye, producer of the Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo. “For marine art fans, we truly have one of the country’s most impressive collections -- from the world-renowned to the local scene with artists such as Carey Chen, Pascal Lecocq, Michelle Brener, and many more.”

Returning exhibitors include Austin’s, OMER, Mares, PADI, Chaos Fishing, Florida Freedivers, Wong Spearguns, and many more. The Expo is pleased to welcome several new exhibitors such as Laser Tools Co, Reel Addictive Charters, and Scubotics. Adding to the excitement, the Expo also has state-of-the-art water toys, kayaks, Contender, and SeaHunter Boats.

The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo is known for its high-energy crowds and fun vibe. The diverse crowd includes visitors, experts and exhibitors from all over the world who flock to Fort Lauderdale for its desirable and central location. Water-lovers can also take advantage of the year-round tropical weather and warm waters.

Entry is $20 at the door and includes a free goodie bag (while supplies last) and free entry to the Saturday night After-Party at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Courtyard Marriott. For more information, visit www.TheBlueWild.com or check out a video from last year:

My wife and I are going again! The special rate you guys arranged with Marriott is pretty sweet. Almost half of what the Marriott site listed for their normal rate. Now we just need to find a dive boat that leaves early Saturday. The last time I went diving right before the show, four of us got a whole newton to ourselves.

Maybe I'll be able to talk her into letting me buy a third Pascal painting... I think it will take some effort.

I love this show. It's easily the youngest and most energetic show for Scuba. Count me there!!!

Here's a key piece of information that I learned the first time I went to this. The Broward County Convention Center shares the parking lot with port everglades. That means you can't have a firearm in your vehicle or on your person. Huge PITA if you don't know in advance as by the time you see a sign notifying you about the problem, there is no way to turn around.

That means you can't have a firearm in your vehicle or on your person.
I never realized this, but I normally don't travel with a firearm.

.. That means you can't have a firearm in your vehicle or on your person.... .
I never realized this, but I normally don't travel with a firearm.

That CHANGED 2 years ago.
They moved the security gate backwards so now you can drive into the convention garage without showing ID and weapons check. I won't discuss CWP rules here.

The show is now downstairs, double the size and HUGE !!!

Come say HI to me at the KOAH SPEARGUNS booth !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom