The Cave Politics, Rumor Monger and Gossip Guild is alive and well. Let's end it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do I hold jax accountable for trying to get someone fired from their job for an online post without it becoming personal? What type of person does that? That's no rumor or attack, it's a reflection of the type of person she is.

This forum would never allow the name of the instructor who abandoned students in jackson blue posted, conversations about several instructor involved deaths, details about another stealing from a dive shop or talk about who seems to be falling off nss or iantd's instructor listings.

You'all don't just filter when accurate descriptions like douche are used, you pick and choose based on your bias and need to make this forum a money making enterprise focused on newer divers.
I get that it's not a free and open conversation and laugh when someone like you calls for others to moderate their opinions in real life....you're not a mod there.

:) Perfect, this is exactly what I mean and this sort of assistance is always welcome! Just because you can't do the 'big' dive doesn't mean your assistance isn't valuable to the bigger picture. It takes a team for a lot of these projects to function.

This!

There's lots of ways to get involved with projects. Maybe you know someone that does chemical analysis, or you can help read GIS topo/lidar maps, or write articles, or take photos to help document projects, or give talks at the parks during "spring events" or help manage a web-site, or....

Isn't it interesting what happens if someone takes the time to communicate? :grouphug2:

By communicating, does that include sending emails to former employers in order to get people fired?

Certainly a valid question! Thank you.

Listening to those who have pushed the envelope is indeed inspiring. However, one should, if nothing else, know themselves. I do not strive for the "new" cave, to lay new line, to push to the end.

The moment you go down a passage you've never seen before, you are seeing "new" cave. Sure, there may be a line in it, but it is still self-exploration. And another team may make that passage anything but a happy go lucky place -- silt-outs, broken line, collapses, etc can happen.

Things happen in caves. Last night I was in a cave that a bolder the size of my Honda CRV had fallen onto the guide line. Someone had to patch over it to get out. Listening to people talk about situations during exploration where the chips were down and they had to keep calm, cool, and collected may have some value.

If someone is doing their employer a disservice, I walk right up to the door and report it. What the employer decides is up to him or her.

I don't hide behind snide comments, make childish ascertations; I go right up to the business and say, "Is this your view? Do you believe this way?"

What does your signature on CDF say?

"All opinions expressed are mine, not the boards"?
Your point is? :)

jax, It's awesome that you don't see what that makes you in many of our eyes. Forum policies mean correct adjectives can't be used. Amazing that you have successful interpersonal relationships in real life, another reason that karma is obviously not a real thing.

I'm glad you're proud and open about it, makes communicating the type of person you are to others that much easier. Now when I talk about you I can comply to netdocs request and ensure I accurately describe what you're about without any rumor.

Attempting to get someone fired by crying to their employer isn't straight forward, bold or worthy of praise. It's the action of someone who deserves NO respect.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom