The Cave Politics, Rumor Monger and Gossip Guild is alive and well. Let's end it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[/CENTER]
I'm sure you realize that that bumper sticker is associated with Amigos, and that many people believe, know, propogate (whatever you want to believe/say) that there is bad blood between those shops, and therefore even your post could be misconstrued as a dig against Wayne's.
Actually, I didn't know that this was associated with Wayne's shop. I go to his place often for gas when I'm in that area. I probably should have guessed that it was, but there's no affiliation on the sticker. Hey, Wayne doesn't like the interwebs. That's his choice. I don't like gossip. That's my choice. I think gossip is the real problem and not the interwebs.

Take it as you will, but I think you're proving my point.
Not really.

I stated my opinion of scubaboard here, not elsewhere.
Yes, kudos for posting it here. Brickbats for not really stating your 'opinion'. I have no idea why you don't post 'much'. There was nothing 'constructive' about what you said. Nothing to work on. Nothing to examine.

Then I changed the focus of my critique of you, but you didn't seem to follow that. You said it was 'unprofessional' for the instructor to say what he did, but then you continued to say (taking out the double negatives) that his opinion had some merit. With no corroborating evidence or explanation, I find that kind of statement just as unprofessional. We don't even know who you're referring to, only that you think negatively about someone or something that was talked about. There's nothing to go on but this amorphic and pervasive air of negativity. If you're going to criticize, come out and speak plainly. Something like...

"I don't like X."

"I was attacked by a mob of posters back in '08."

"I think you're butt ugly."

That gives us, well me, something to try and deal with. Except for the ugly part. Elena has to deal with that. :D I don't allow my mods to delete one whit of criticism about me or ScubaBoard. I only ask that you be as explicit as possible so I can understand what makes you unhappy. Be a mensch! Don't hide behind passive aggressive comments that can do nothing to help improve. They are only designed to inflict pain.

I want a bumper sticker that says...

Post More. Gossip Less!

or possibly...

Dive More. Gossip Less!

As a clarification: none of the owners or workers at the dive shop were involved in this. In fact, I rarely get anything but positive vibes at Cave Country Dive Shop. They are always smiling, helpful and friendly. What's not to like?

I like the dive more gossip less sticker idea.

You think this is just a "Cave Country" issue? LMAO. Take a "stupidly small" market like us up here in the north east corner of the Great Lakes, a down trended economy, and a dwindling user base, and see what 2 different dive shops (the remaining players after years of others closing) have to say about each other. Especially through social media...

That's what makes SB so much fun. All of us get to read about politics and gossip from the comfort of our reclining chair!

I'm sure I just read that Pete M. owns a .308 and was going to "remove" all the bad instructors and leave them in the silt at the bottom of Eagles Nest.

just saying I read it on the internet...

I get that, but you don't have to lie. But this guy seems to be spreading lies. .

There is a lot of ,"he said, she said...." What one person will swear by the facts, another person will say it is a lie. Nothing really changes in " cave country". I don't suffer from apathy,I am a realist from hearing it for over 20 years. Will this ever change with a concerted effort from people on this forum? It would be wonderful, and wish everyone good luck in their attempt,but I think I would stand a better chance of winning tonight's Powerball.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2016 at 12:01 PM ----------

I like the dive more gossip less sticker idea.

But what would people do when they return to their Monday thru Friday jobs, and only have the forums as an outlet because they aren't diving.

There is a lot of ,"he said, she said...." What one person will swear by the facts, another person will say it is a lie. Nothing really changes in " cave country". I don't suffer from apathy,I am a realist from hearing it for over 20 years. Will this ever change with a concerted effort from people on this forum? It would be wonderful, and wish everyone good luck in their attempt,but I think I would stand a better chance of winning tonight's Powerball.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2016 at 12:01 PM ----------

But what would people do when they return to their Monday thru Friday jobs, and only have the forums as an outlet because they aren't diving.

That's what Wednesday night night dives are for!

Hey it's Wednesday!

Actually, I didn't know that this was associated with Wayne's shop. I go to his place often for gas when I'm in that area. I probably should have guessed that it was, but there's no affiliation on the sticker. Hey, Wayne doesn't like the interwebs. That's his choice. I don't like gossip. That's my choice. I think gossip is the real problem and not the interwebs.

Damn...I'd love to let the rumor get started that Pete and Wayne refuse to have anything to do with each other. But sadly I had dinner with them both a couple weeks ago with Pete on one side of me and Wayne one person away from me on the other side.

-----

Personally, I think the biggest challenge in cave diving isn't something like coming out a narrow side mount tunnel in a total silt out while sharing gas, re-pairing broken line, dealing with a wing failure and trying not to pee because your condom catheter failed - it's dealing with the cave country drama.

I think we ought to just get smart and start doing reality television and at least get paid for it. It would sell as no one does cheezy drama like north florida cave divers.

no one does cheezy drama like north florida cave divers.
Remind me to like this post again tomorrow after the move. Probably the most salient post in the entire thread.

Oh yeah... there'll be a new ScubaBoard a-happening sometime tomorrow. You're gonna love the new place.

I think we ought to just get smart and start doing reality television and at least get paid for it. It would sell as no one does cheezy drama like north florida cave divers.
That's one of the most awesome ideas I've heard in a long time. I keep having hopes when some new dive-related show comes to TV or the big screen, but it always ends up as a disappointment as they strain to inject drama... the "oooh, scary dive stuff!" stuff just comes off cheesy and unbelievable.

Cave politics drama, though... that's believable and ought to be every bit as entertaining as duck hunter drama, and there's dang well a limitless supply. I think it's got the makings of a long-running show, maybe Fox or a cable-only channel, but somebody could surely make a run at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom