The Dauin Rhinopias

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The diving community in Dauin on Negros Island found a juvenile Rhinopias! What an exciting fish. One could tell by the increasing number of boats moored at the dive site where the Rhinopias lives that it harbors something special. I visited several times, and while the dive spot had a bit of a crowd, everyone I saw behaved very nicely towards other divers and did not kick up much sand. And, I think it's really cool that there are so many fish-nerds (my kind of people!) in town that such a small animal draws crowds!

By now, I have seen multiple images of that very fish on social media, but I'd still like to share my shots and my footage:

Here is the famous fish:
41793826542_b4eb84509b.jpg

And here it is, back-lit (with the strobe coming from behind).

26967823517_e54f086daa.jpg

And here is a short video of the Rhinopias in aktschn:

Ho woaw, a pity I hadn' heard about it two weeks before as I was in Dauin.
That would have been the cherry on top of the cake of already quite fruitful dives.

Ho woaw, a pity I hadn' heard about it two weeks before as I was in Dauin.
That would have been the cherry on top of the cake of already quite fruitful dives.
I's a juvenile - I hope it will be with us for a long time, hopefully still during your next visit. :)

Back
Top Bottom