the death of Marike Jasper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wrote Jesca and she confirmed it. I can't believe it happened a month ago. I am really angry some friends down there didn't see it coming and/or didn't help her with it.

i am sorry, crispos. this is obviously very upsetting to you.

guilt at the suicide of a friend or relative is enormous for survivors. sadly, there really
isn't anything someone can do to stop someone else from dying. anger is also a common reaction. you might even be angry at her for killing herself, and displacing it
onto those left behind.

not to preach or anything, but would you consider talking to a professional about
your loss? it's obvious that it has affected you greatly, which is quite normal and to be expected.

(i decided not to PM this to you, mostly so maybe someone else can read it as well)

yes andy, I am very upset and crying my eyes out. I was supposed to go see her but I was busy in coz and didn't get around to it. **** it.

i am so sorry. please talk to someone?

Sorry for bringing up an old, very old, thread.

I can't beleive it has been 8 years now. It seems to me like it was just a short while ago we were sitting in your house talking about what to do for dinner and where to dive tomorrow. Or we were sitting in Atlanta eating dinner ready to head to the NACD Seminar and you were showing off your maps. You are still missed Marike.

lwf18.jpg

That is me in my younger days on the right. This was Sept of 2002. Almost ten years ago.

Sorry for bringing up an old, very old, thread...

No need for apologies, mate. Always a good thing to remember happy times with friends who are no longer here to create new ones with us.

Sorry for your loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom