The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello again, I just came across Leisure-pro's website, they seem to have the lowest prices I have found on name brand gear. Like the old saying goes "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ". Is there something I should know before sending them all my money ? Thanks.

Actually visited its retail shop in NYC. Was referred by a long time diver friend who has shopped there for years. I recently purchased a reg, bc and computer from LP and the experience was one of knowledgable low pressure sales.

I have always had excellent service from Leisure-Pro, they have a good reputation. The only thing to realize is that many products do not come with manufacturer’s warranties, but LP provides their own warranty.

Ralph

Just be weary of warranties. A distributors warranty may not be as comprehensive as the manufacturer's warranty. It's often best to find out from the manufacturer if they are authorized to sell their products. There's a few site's that sell over the internet... not all of them are authorized to do so.

It's funny that you said that, I have first hand knowledge of that practice of theirs. While I was working over at NiteRider Technical Lighting Systems we received more than a few complaints from customers whom purchased gear from Leisure-Pro only to find out that they got shipped an older model, different color, or not what they ordered at all...

Face it people, where there's smoke there's a fire. That's not saying that you will run into trouble every time, or even at all, but with so many people whom have had trouble in the past, is it worth the gamble?

Leisure-Pro is specified by name on the Dive-Rite site as a place *NOT* authorized to sell Dive-Rite gear.
Rick

If Leisure Pro is not authorized to sell "Brand X" equipment, then how do they or any other dealer that is not authorized buy it to sell to the public.

Could some of you industry insiders help me out on this?

ID

Yes, they are bought through friends, aquaintences and other avenues, without the manufacturers knowledge or authorization. Some manufacturers require a certain level of sales in order to start carrying their gear. Some shops work with Leisure-Pro type companies just be able to get started.

I'm in way shape or form saying that Leisure-Pro participates in activities like that but, how else do you explain how they get product? Makes you think.

I do know that if it were me running that site, I would provide links to the manufacturer's web sites, customer service phone numbers and e-mail address to be able to contact someone, should any of my customers doubt my authenticity.

Leisure-Pro and other sites like them do plenty of business now, but I predict their reign will come to a screatching halt soon!

Mario, rumor has it that the manufactors do actually sell gear to LP, they just simply side step the warranties for now. Sounds reasonable to me, espeacially when it's easy money without even having to honor warranties.

Back
Top Bottom