The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHICHO:
who will service my UWATEC computer that i purchased a LP two years ago? SCUBAPRO is charging me $500 for a battery service and calibration.

If anything, this would turn me off of ScubaPro and Uwatec more than LP. Incidently, Bob3 has previously posted an offer to get these services done for, and I quote, under $100. Send Bob a PM, or, ebay the Uwatec now and buy a Suunto with a user replacable battery.

CHICHO:
who will service my UWATEC computer that i purchased a LP two years ago? SCUBAPRO is charging me $500 for a battery service and calibration.

If you don't mind shipping it, I will give you the shop (details at home), that replaced the battery of my 1992(?) Uwatec Aladin Pro. Picked it up next day (no he doesn't send them out - onsight!). Cost me and $20.00! Dove it plenty since then, its as good as new!

While I am here...

Leisure Pro is outstanding! Brick and Mortar stores are going to have to stop charging ridiculous prices and become competitive in the Internet age. "Guilt Trips" (you should support... and Warranty excuses simply do NOT amount to the hundreds of dollars you WILL save. Why should I spend $200!!! more on a reg or otehr item? All LP gear are Genuine items. Any imperfection can easily be serviced in the remote chance something doesn't perform to expectations. Returns and credits are a breeze (in my experience). I have returned items, bought the wrong size... the credit showed up in couple of days. As far as customer service goes, I am quite happy not haveing to listen to biased inexperienced sales staff try to steer into what they sell and think you need.

I feel better now - thanks

Same ole people with the same ole no warranty nonsense. Doesn't Leisure Pro offer their own warranty which is the same or better than the original Manufacturer Warranty? At LP Prices buy two next time and if one breaks and it is covered by the warranty throw it away. You will still most likely save money. Ever try shipping a regulator back to the manufacturer? Will you rent while yours is in the shop? How about the cost to ship and insure? Get serious, while I don't see a lot of LDS owners driving Porsche on their way home to thier 10,000 Sq Ft homes, I really have no interest in paying for their overhead. As far as the air fills if the local guy goes out of business, well as long as there is demand there is suppy.

Mario S Caner:
Leisure-Pro and other sites like them do plenty of business now, but I predict their reign will come to a screatching halt soon!

I bought 2 BC's, 2 1st stages, and 2 octos from LP in 1995. Everything was new in the original box with warranty cards and bands on the hoses (all Sherwood gear). I've still got all of it and it works perfectly. I don't see how LP will be out of business in a "screatching halt soon!".

They have been in business for a long time doing good by folks that they service. I've had LP folks call me back after trying to find something. I know it's a clearing house for gear, but i'll stay with them until my local DS can match the enourmous (as in 30, 40, and 50+ %) discount. I'm not affiliated in any way, but i'll buy gear from LP again. I just wish they'd get Halcyon gear and Gavin scooters :)

My two bits...

I've bought non-life support stuff from them--two dive lights, a knife, a 20mm conversion lens for my Sea & Sea MMII--and the only trouble I had was that they wouldn't ship to my parents' house (where I usually have mail order stuff shipped because I work during the day) because Mom & Dad don't have their number listed in the phone book, ie they wouldn't ship to an unverifiable address. A hassle, but whatever. So I had them deliver to my office, and it came within two days...just in time for my trip to Bimini. Overall positive.

I can't say whether any of the stuff had manufacturers' warranties included, but it all seemed brand new and everything there. I will definitely go again for stuff like fins, masks, mouthpieces, gadgets, etc. I'm still unsure whether I'd buy a reg from them as there's the whole service and warranty issue and stuff, although I'm tempted; and I'm already thinking of a Triple-L BC straight from the manufacturer. I rarely if ever send in registration and warranty cards anyway, so I can't say for sure whether the lack of a mfr's warranty would justify the much higher prices a LDS would charge.

End of two bits.

cheers,

Billy S.

Iguana Don:
If Leisure Pro is not authorized to sell "Brand X" equipment, then how do they or any other dealer that is not authorized buy it to sell to the public.

Could some of you industry insiders help me out on this?

ID
IF A BRAND NAME DEALER IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS THEY MAY SELL ALL THEIR INVENTORY TO L.P. RATHER THAN GET STUCK WITH IT. L.P. MAY ALSO BY FROM OVERSEAS AT A CHEEPER PRICE.
A DEALER MAY SELL TO L.P. UNDER THE TABLE, UNTIL THEY GET CAUGHT, THEN THEY WILL LOSE THEIR DEALERSHIP. BOTTOM LINE THEIR IS NO WARRANTY FROM THE COMPANY.

Dude...the little button to the left hand side of the "A" key on your keyboard (the one underneath "tab" and above "shift") appears to be malfunctioning on your machine...try pressing it once to reset.

I was given their name (web address and an old catalog) by friend, when I needed a BIG wetsuit, and my LDS didn't have any in stock (or for rent) I checked them out, found what I needed, and ordered the 4x and 5x..they arrived 2 days later, I tried them on and called service, they gave me my return auth, no questions asked, and I sent the one that didn't fit back.

The credit was on my credit card statement the very next month.

Great to do business with for hard to find or stuff your LDS doesn't carry!

My rule is: I don't buy anything from LP that I holds, measures, or delivers air.

ScubaNorth:
Same ole people with the same ole no warranty nonsense. Doesn't Leisure Pro offer their own warranty which is the same or better than the original Manufacturer Warranty? At LP Prices buy two next time and if one breaks and it is covered by the warranty throw it away. You will still most likely save money. Ever try shipping a regulator back to the manufacturer? Will you rent while yours is in the shop? How about the cost to ship and insure? Get serious, while I don't see a lot of LDS owners driving Porsche on their way home to thier 10,000 Sq Ft homes, I really have no interest in paying for their overhead. As far as the air fills if the local guy goes out of business, well as long as there is demand there is suppy.
I haven't been to their retail store in a while, but in the past the service tech they had was one of the best around.. I knew the guy when he was part owner in another dive store.. The guy has been servicing regs for over 30 years (and has manufactire certs for most regs),, The parts department at LP is unbelievable.. They have parts for every reg imaginable in stock.

LP does stand behind their gear.. As a DS owner I can't compete with their prices, so I try beating them with personal service.. All the owners that try a put LP down because they sell too cheaply should look at their own practices and see how they can keep the customer, not try and make excuses.

the thread is right sometimes you will get an older version of a particluar model, byt I have never seen them lie.. The use the real part numbers, if there has been an update, the purchaser should ask questions..

Also if there are safety issues with products (especially if there is a recall) the manufacturer HAS to supply the replacement parts regardless of if they are an authoprized dealer or not.. Its the LAW.

LP has several ways they get product
a) manufacturer direct for products they are authorized to
b) sales rep making "off the record sales"
c) getting another dive store to become a dealer and placing a huge order (for a commision) - this is the most common way
d) stores that go out of business - they buy up everything
e) through european channels an example they wer selling apeks regs that were a german version like the cdx.. same product just stamped with a different part number... the retail (for a while) was less than us dealer cost..

Back
Top Bottom