The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? You missed that? How?
She filled me in. That's too bad when a shop implodes like that.

As for how, I'm not sure. I even searched for posts about it and didn't find them.

As for how, I'm not sure. I even searched for posts about it and didn't find them.
I don't have much skin in this game, but the posts are still public on here in one of her larger threads. If it would influence a business decision, I'd encourage you to ask Mike for the other half of the story.

I don't have much skin in this game, but the posts are still public on here in one of her larger threads. If it would influence a business decision, I'd encourage you to ask Mike for the other half of the story.
Nah, they're not local for me. I did buy a dive light from them once back when the dris 1000 was something special. These days I have WAY more dive gear than I need and if I were to buy more I'd definitely support a local shop.

There was no implosion. Don't jump to conclusions based upon one side of any disagreement.

I too have no skin in the game. I rarely buy from them since moving to FL. Too many location options. With that said I do care about honesty, integrity, and properly representing both sides of a disagreement that was taken public.

There was no implosion. Don't jump to conclusions based upon one side of any disagreement.
Sorry for derailing the thread, folks. I didn't mean to - honest. Unfortunately I have nothing of value to contribute with regards to helium sales in the area.

Dropped my tanks off Tuesday after a class day last weekend. Had to plan way in advance as the shop is going to be closed the last full week of the month for a trip. Next class day is when shop is closed. Found out the owner has just gotten a booster and it will be installed by Monday. What pushed him over the edge was having to charge a buddy $100-something for filling CCR bottles.

Decided getting O2 fills at the shop by my office isn’t worth it. They need 3-4 days notice and have to get someone special in to do it. Not worth the hassle when I can just drop them off when getting Trimix fills.

Dropped my tanks off Tuesday after a class day last weekend. Had to plan way in advance as the shop is going to be closed the last full week of the month for a trip. Next class day is when shop is closed. Found out the owner has just gotten a booster and it will be installed by Monday. What pushed him over the edge was having to charge a buddy $100-something for filling CCR bottles.

Decided getting O2 fills at the shop by my office isn’t worth it. They need 3-4 days notice and have to get someone special in to do it. Not worth the hassle when I can just drop them off when getting Trimix fills.

awesome they got a booster but good ******* god i fill my ccr bottles from completely empty for $20 CAD with 10/50

that is far from a buddy price that’s a “I’m trying to retire off you price”

awesome they got a booster but good ******* god i fill my ccr bottles from completely empty for $20 CAD with 10/50

that is far from a buddy price that’s a “I’m trying to retire off you price”

It’s the same $4.60/cft I’m paying. I’m told last year it was $2.50/cft.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom