The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Favorite Actor in Life Aquatic?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Savant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Old but gold. Recently had the chance to speak with one of the interns at a local dive shop, Rainbow Reef, and apparently each intern is REQUIRED to watch the movie and take a quiz.

What was your favorite part of the movie, if you've seen it?

If you haven't seen it yet, why not?

Attachments

• TLA.jpg
    TLA.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 180
This is the only movie that actually lives on my overly-stuffed laptop.
This is one of the best movies of all time! Great taste, my friend! Trying to get my diving buddies and their students together over for a dinner party and showing of the film.

Also trying to find one of those red hats. :p

This is one of the best movies of all time! Great taste, my friend! Trying to get my diving buddies and their students together over for a dinner party and showing of the film.

Also trying to find one of those red hats. :p

I recommend alcohol as the main course... I just had a look... It's been on my 'pooter (or it's predecessors) since 2011! I sparked it up when we were at Turneffe Island Resort on their TV in the lounge one time. Other guests were either peeing themselves laughing, or walking out, shaking their heads.

Also:
https://www.amazon.ca/CTM®-Inch-Knit-Beanie-Cap/dp/B075VHM45L/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517938946&sr=8-3&keywords=red+toques&dpID=51tWcgPLa1L&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Last edited:
I recommend alcohol as the main course... I just had a look... It's been on my 'pooter (or it's predecessors) since 2011! I sparked it up when we were at Turneffe Island Resort on their TV in the lounge one time. Other guests were either peeing themselves laughing, or walking out, shaking their heads.

Also:
https://www.amazon.ca/CTM®-Inch-Knit-Beanie-Ca. p/dp/B075VHM45L/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517938946&sr=8-3&keywords=red+toques&dpID=51tWcgPLa1L&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Is that because Bill Murray is in rare form? That dude is a total nutcase. I've seen a few of his and he does a really good job. He was a great person to be "Bob" in "What About Bob?" I would love to see the outtakes on that one. How ever Richard Dreyfuss kept a straight face throughout the making of that movie is beyond me. Bill Murray is a SNL grad, so you have to imagine that there was some ad lib humor in the movies that he is a part of.

Is that because Bill Murray is in rare form?

I think anyone who grew up watching the old Cousteau series will love it... It's pure idiocy, but good fun.

I think anyone who grew up watching the old Cousteau series will love it... It's pure idiocy, but good fun.

Right on... I'll have to check this one out then... Sober, as usual... LOL

I remember watching some of those as a Kid. I think I got hooked on Scuba diving because of it... Either it was that or whenever they would come on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom... those shows were awesome as well.

It’s one of the films I watch every year religiously, before going on a three day bender and then hunting down a jaguar shark.

Right on... I'll have to check this one out then... Sober, as usual... LOL

I remember watching some of those as a Kid. I think I got hooked on Scuba diving because of it... Either it was that or whenever they would come on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom... those shows were awesome as well.

Have a look for "Sea Hunt" with Mike Nelson as well... My Hero. Most of what I learned about diving, I learned from Mike Nelson!

Have a look for "Sea Hunt" with Mike Nelson as well... My Hero. Most of what I learned about diving, I learned from Mike Nelson!
I've seen a few of those on YouTube. Good shows. Thanks. Always something to learn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom