• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

THE MEG - Official Trailer #1 [HD]

Discussion in 'Scuba Diving TV & Movies' started by CuzzA, May 13, 2018.

1. CT-Rich

CT-Rich Solo Diver

Given the choice between tons of rotting flesh and Blake Lively who would you rather go for?

Whale blubber is incredibly energy rich. Blake Lively, while sweet, would not provide any where near caloric burst of a giant mouthful of whale carcass.

The Life Aquatic with Zissou, was probably th best shark movie.

Scuba J7 likes this.
  2. Bubblesong

Bubblesong Marine Scientist

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Well, I just got back from seeing “The Meg” with Jason Statham, and from the ads, “Chomp on this”, I knew it was going to be peppered with humor.
    I had not read the book, but for reality, it is hard to believe that a hidden reservoir of prehistoric, huge life forms are surviving in a thermal trap in the Marianis trench, or that given the huge hunting range needed by such a predator, you would happen on one within minutes of arriving there. I happily chucked realism out the window to enjoy the neat underwater habitat, the cool underwater vehicles, the critters(!), and general fun of getting to see lots of uderwater action, plus silly fun of seeing the perilous situations that sometimes end ok, and sometimes not, but keep escalating as the show goes on. They don’t bother explaining what type of SCUBA gear they are using, but I would love to hear people’s opinion of technology.
    Why did Jason Stathom’s character get a nose bleed descending?
    Why did the plexiglass sharkcage have a single opening when The Meg could come from any direction!!
    Why did the yap-dog jump off the boat? I have a dog, they would not do that if scared!

CuzzA and IncreaseMyT like this.
  3. RTC'83

RTC'83 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Not a fan, but I am sure my kids will love it

4. Nick Steele

Nick Steele DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Going to see it tomorrow. Not excepting much but it looks better than most shark movies out there that’s for sure!

5. RockiesFan

RockiesFan Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I read the book. It was a fun read but you had to suspend disbelief for the book too.

6. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Another one in the same genre...47 Meters Down popped into my Netflix queue. I was like "nope," lol.

soggybadger likes this.