The Moment Komodo Transitioned to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last visit there was in August 2014. I may not be able to recognize the place any more.

I was in PNG 3 decades ago. Outside toilets, no piped water, no electricity. The locals were living such wonderfully idyllic lives in their natural paradise. I’m headed back there soon. Dread to think of the transitions over time.

Caramel macchiato? Heck, even toilet paper is a transition.

Not surprized, there are already sushi,italian and crepes restaurants, even a pastry shop in LBJ, I don't even mention the dozens of dive centres.
In 2010 it was difficult to find a restaurant, but it picked up around 2014 and you could't say it's anymore on the adventure trail, with its herds of backpackers riding scooters in the streets, it's a closer feel to Amed or Phiphi than to Papua.

I guess that they gave up cooking the occasional tourist years ago. But since they now have sushi, they don't really have to cook tourists either.

Michael

100 seats? o_O

What's wrong with the Civet Cafe's catpoochino?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom