• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The N-95 Mask...and lowering the curve...

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by W W Meixner, Mar 28, 2020.

1. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

I don't understand how the people on the cruise ships, who were well and quarantined, eventually became sick too when they'd had no social interaction for many many days; perhaps even as long as a couple of weeks. Yet they still became sick. How did that happen if it is impossible as per the doctor

2. Jcp2

Jcp2 Literally virtually diving ScubaBoard Supporter

Air vents in cruise ships. They are shared.

KWS likes this.
  3. АлександрД

АлександрД Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
  4. Protondecay123

Protondecay123 Barracuda

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I’m not sure exactly what you mean by that. A cruise ship is pretty confined. It seems to me that they would have to do some degree of social interaction in getting food, water, or break social interaction guidelines in walking by someone in the passageways? I don’t know if they continuously wore masks and gloves and changed them daily? Also one touch of an ungloved hand to an inoculated door handle and then hand to nose and mouth and you are toast. Asymptotic carriers also could have inoculated them later I guess?

5. Storker

Storker ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

None that you'd want to drink neat.

40-ish percent BV is the most anyone should drink neat. And if you mix it, you might as well go for any type of pure ethanol/water mix. Just remember to adjust the amount accordingly.

6. kelemvor

kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

Well it looks like we don't need masks anyway. Some industrious British folk have determined that it's 5G cell towers which are causing covid-19. Thank God for those people.

Mast fire probe amid 5G coronavirus claims

Edit: I didn't realize people were so gullible. There's 8,000 signatures on a petition somewhere to "stop 5g" because is causes coronavirus.

Just to be clear: 5g does not cause coronavirus.. sheesh.. I never thought I'd find it necessary to type that phrase.

7. Storker

Storker ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

There as well?

Sigh.

8. lowviz

lowviz Solo Diver ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Oh, OK.

If you ever find yourself in my 'hood', we could go out for a couple of real Pittsburgh rare steaks, taters, and boilermakers.

"The alcohol is only a part of it. The physicality of a Boilermaker—that vigorous arm motion, the slamming of the glassware, that gasp for air afterwards—is what gets you flying."

АлександрД and Storker like this.
  9. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Unless used properly ppe will give little protection and may even increase risk. Please learn to properly use any safety equipment you wear.

In general, there is zero reason for the public to wear gloves. I just watched someone in the office walk in wearing a pair of poorly fitting latex gloves, enter the restroom to provide a urine specimen and exit the restroom still wearing same gloves then return to exam room. eww yuck! :facepalm:Please, just wash your hands! Or hand gel if not available.

10. UTscuba

UTscuba Barracuda

possibly sh
    well it does stop access to facebook, so maybe it's not all bad.

just looking for the silver lining