The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think always know Eric is in Santa Rosa. We exchanged message a few time, trying to arrange a test drive for the FP. But lfe get into the way, baby in my case, it hasn't happened. I am about 45 min south of the city, about 2 hours from Santa Rosa. I will definitely find chance to visit Eric. In the mean time, I just want to know what Lance will end up with.

@Eric Sedletzky sent you an email . It’s a picture of me with a standard plate. How high or low it is. Standard plate is 15 3/4 in tall. With my height, no real option to go higher or lower. Let me know what you think. It’s not that I question... but feel like I’m always in the middle of 2sizes. If you were 2hrs away I’d drive and test those plates lol. Unfortunately I’m like 14-16hrs away by plane

Went diving today... After the 2nd dive surface water was choppy and our boat went to the other smb,! And tried to pickup the wrong diver. Anyway they realized it and hurriedly move in to pick us up. Which was a good 5mins. I think I’ll get a 23 lb VDH argonaut. Was gonna get an 18. I realized in choppy water.... a little bit more inflation is better.

All you have to do is look at my location under the pic of me hoisting the lingcod.

Don’t try to confuse me with the facts!

:D

I think always know Eric is in Santa Rosa. We exchanged message a few time, trying to arrange a test drive for the FP. But lfe get into the way, baby in my case, it hasn't happened. I am about 45 min south of the city, about 2 hours from Santa Rosa. I will definitely find chance to visit Eric. In the mean time, I just want to know what Lance will end up with.
Anytime you want to test fly one just let me know. If you know other people that may want to try one maybe we can set something up at Breakwater and have a little beach party. I have a friend up here that I set up recently with an FP/VDH 35 and he needs to get his new rig wet for the first time (and his 5th & 6th dive out of OW).
I can have maybe 3 or 4 rigs to use of different sizes but I only have two wings, so we’ll need more wings. No air2’s though, I’m not set up for those.

Anytime you want to test fly one just let me know. If you know other people that may want to try one maybe we can set something up at Breakwater and have a little beach party. I have a friend up here that I set up recently with an FP/VDH 35 and he needs to get his new rig wet for the first time (and his 5th & 6th dive out of OW).
I can have maybe 3 or 4 rigs to use of different sizes but I only have two wings, so we’ll need more wings. No air2’s though, I’m not set up for those.

Eric, I always appreciate your generosity. My main constrain is my young baby, make it difficult for me to plan things too far. But will sure reach out to you when I can.

Hi,

My girlfriend is 5'2 99lbs, would the small fit? And also are you still making the plates, if so then how long will it take to get an Aluminium plate of that size and at how much $? I cannot see the info in the first post, sorry if this has been answered.

@athigunk

FWIW. I am 5’3 and 130 and love my small plate. It should fit her very well. Have you considered the small in steel? Still light weight but will take another pound or two off her weight pockets/belt.

I have been diving the steel FP for many years. I just recently rigged the aluminum but not dove yet...

With a south Florida dive trip coming up this December I decided to finally rig my aluminum Freedom plate. With steel tanks and pony plus my steel plate I am alway overweighted diving Florida. Eric had already trimmed and fitted a wedge similar to his above.

My new aluminum plate still needs adjustment to the harness but all the components are in place and weighs in at 2 lbs 14 oz. With the VDH 18 and cambands its at 5 lbs 11 oz. With the Oxycheq 30 the weight goes to 7 lbs 2 oz

Hi,

My girlfriend is 5'2 99lbs, would the small fit? And also are you still making the plates, if so then how long will it take to get an Aluminium plate of that size and at how much $? I cannot see the info in the first post, sorry if this has been answered.
I built a rig for my 14 year old niece with the small plate and the VDH 18 wing. It works perfectly for her. She is using the steel plate and needs 4 lbs with her al63 tanks.

Hi,

I agree with the others, it's probably worth it to order the steel.

You should be aware it will probably take, at least, a year for you to get it. Get yourself in line for the premium option, and buy her a regular aluminum backplate in the meantime, they're cheap. When you get your gold ticket inbox alert someday, it'll be a happy surprise, rather than waiting around for something you *need*

@athigunk

FWIW. I am 5’3 and 130 and love my small plate. It should fit her very well. Have you considered the small in steel? Still light weight but will take another pound or two off her weight pockets/belt.

I have been diving the steel FP for many years. I just recently rigged the aluminum but not dove yet...
I built a rig for my 14 year old niece with the small plate and the VDH 18 wing. It works perfectly for her. She is using the steel plate and needs 4 lbs with her al63 tanks.
I agree with the others, it's probably worth it to order the steel.

You should be aware it will probably take, at least, a year for you to get it. Get yourself in line for the premium option, and buy her a regular aluminum backplate in the meantime, they're cheap. When you get your gold ticket inbox alert someday, it'll be a happy surprise, rather than waiting around for something you *need*
Thanks for all of your input! Do I just send a message to him to get in line?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom