The Padi No Fear Diving Specialty Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
About the PADI- "No fear diving" Course...

Through my work and journeys as a PADI Instructor I noticed that many diving clients feel uncomfortable and unsafeunder water.
Motivated by many requests of my diving clients I created an individual client centered PADI dive specialty course named:
“NO FEAR DIVING”

This PADI-No Fear Diving specialty course is especially created for people with fears and concerns in context with scuba diving & water (Hydrophobia).
The PADI- NO FEAR DIVING specialty course aims to appeal to divers who feel insecure under water for various reasons.
This course puts the diver himself at the center of attention, supervision and reflection, with all his individual & personal wishes, handicaps, needs and goals.

The PADI- NO Fear Diving specialty course is client centered and emphasizes the individual needs of divers. The course is intended to be a safe way for clients to test themselves in a secure, supervised atmosphere. The PADI- No Fear Divingprogram creates space to speak about problems, dispel misgivings, rebut and eliminate stress and as a result, toreduce discomfort and fear. The PADI- NO FEAR DIVING course helps students to develop the necessary knowledge,skills and practical techniques to strengthen their self-confidence, in order to dive in a comfortable and safe way.
( The PADI- No Fear Diving Cours can be embedded in the Ergo- therapeutic Different Therapy concept.)
PADI- “No Fear Diving” Specialty Course... 2 days..

The first step at the beginning of this course is a detailed discussion. The focus is to gain a comprehensive overviewabout YOUR concerns, problems and stressors related to scuba diving.
The second step is to figure out together your personal goals and topics and to edit and integrate them into the PADI "No Fear DIVING" specialty course.The third step is the development of your individual course plan based on your personal needs and wishes. It includes extensive advice and an explanation of your personal course challenges.Participants will be confronted with individual stressors in an adequate, secured & supervised frame.
The PADI- NO FEAR DIVING course contains one confined and one open water dive. The dives will be documented on video. After each dive we will have an extensive debriefing and reflection about your experiences and impressions during the dives. This PADI- No Fear Diving specialty course will help you to cope with individual stressors and will enable you to enjoy your dives in a new way.
Personally, Individually and customer-centricity are the attributes of the No Fear Diving course!

I guess such a course is necessary if an instructor certifies a "diver" who is not competent or confident. Does anyone else see a problem here?

I see a problem with it. If PADI were to approve this course, they would be admitting shortcomings in their OW program :)

I see a problem with it. If PADI were to approve this course, they would be admitting shortcomings in their OW program :)

Yet if they approve it they can make money selling the c-card for the course. They may just do it. Remember what PADI stands for.

Doesn't something similar already exist, called AOW? Many newly certified divers don't feel confident enough to dive without an instructor and have many concerns and, well, fears. But AOW--that is, a few more dives of a variety of types in the company of an instructor--seems to ease the new divers' concerns. I have long believed that the existence of AOW was PADI's subtle acknowledgement that OW leaves the new diver just short of the end goal of feeling confident enough to actually dive.

This is nothing more than a :troll:. And an apparently successful one since people seem unaware. At best, the OP has come up with a way to try to part people with more of their money. PADI does not seem aware that they are offering this course (publicly anyway) so good :troll: OP.

I think it would be easier on you and safer for someone scared of the water to have you encourage them to take up golf or bungee jumping. The back of my knees twitch every time I heard someone say that they took up diving to get over their fear of the water. In 2 days I can't possibly see how you will overcome the fears that it took a lifetime to build. As a dive operator, I will certainly be on the lookout for your distinctive specialty cards.....

The person who design the course is the only one that can teach it ? Why not just use the discovery scuba track if you want to get someone in the water ?

I like this. What a great way to work with special needs clients. Not for every instructor but those special instructors willing to work with special clients.
I don't see where the client will actually become OW certified from this course. They are simply working on their fears with a specially trained instructor.
SCUBA can be great therapy when used in the appropriate manner. For instructors who also happen to be trained in therapy or other healing fields, this could be a really interesting course.

Back
Top Bottom