the pier of Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the pier is open again

From The Atlantis newsletter today.

After lengthy negotiations with the ownership of DuCoMi and the coast guard we are very pleased to announce that the famous DuCoMi Pier is open for divers again. Chances to dive and enjoy the exotic marine life on and around the pillars of the pier are better than ever. The latest sighting on the pier is a flamboyant cuttlefish and of course the hundreds of resident nudibranchs and some frog fishes and seahorses.

Cheers

Hi Burger:

Thanks for the info ,I look forward to that. I will be heading there this Thursday and say hi for you to the Swiss Chris.

better check that the oil spill yesterday does not affect the site you are going. A boat just caused an oil spill around apo reef yesterday.

:eek:(

paolov

jc928tw:
Hi Burger:

Thanks for the info ,I look forward to that. I will be heading there this Thursday and say hi for you to the Swiss Chris.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY.... i hope to God it is not a tanker..... can you please provide me with more info? Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks for the link. I had just checked with Atlantis and i believe the oil spill is in APO reef not APO island which is quite a distance from each other. However, I would like to thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Jeff

ssra30:
. All I remember was, from the front beach where most boats dock, we walked to the left, through a little hole in a rock wall to a small beach where the resort's restuarant is. Don't remember the name though.

yes that is the other resort on the Island, it has individual cabins. The walk through the rock is cool though :fish:

I agree it is not near Apo Island, what a shame it is none the less

Hi All:

I got back from Dumaguete exactly 1 week ago. The diving was nice, lots of intersting stuff such as ribon eel, nudibranch, rays, frogfish and more. But the best one was on my last dive of the trip in the santuary----- We saw a gigantic turtle. That was the highlight of it all. the pier is open BUT you can only dive there when there is no ship around??!! Hmmm, let me take a wide guess; it is a PIER right? Well, We were there for 5 days but did not have a chance to dive there. The Atlantis Resort was great, great food and hospitality; dive operation is good too. Just remember don't drink beer in between dives even the dive is more than 3 hours apart. They WILL NOT let you suit up. Overall, it was a great trip and a peacrful little town. Will go back if I have a chance.

Thanks for the update, JC. Contrary to my earlier post, Jasmijn is still there and did not transfer to the Puerto Galera operations. She just emailed me and said she'll be there until late May. My girlfriend and I will be returning to Dumaguete in April. Looking forward to having the good food (Jake is the MAN) and excellent critter sightings.

Did you take any photos that you can post?

Mar

Yes Jasmijn is a very good instructor. Nice and patient; she even got my gf diving again. That is amazing!!! However, my pics are not much to show for.... Will practice more next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom