The "Playground" in Prescott

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Rick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know what condition the "Playground" in Prescott is?

I've heard rumors that the ramp is no longer there, and that no one is maintaining the lines anymore.

Anyone dove there recently that can comment?

Too bad he dive store there didn't last.

Thanks.

PS: I used to have a printed dive site map to show students, but have lost it. Anyone have a copy of it to share?

The entire parking lot area was rebuilt and they removed the access to the dive site. My wife and I stopped by once the work was complete to see if we could dive there but after seeing it, we decided to just go down the road to the Rothesay. The wall that was used for giant-stride entries has a railing now, and the entrance/exit ramp was removed. You could still probably shore-dive it but it would not be all that easy.

I don't know the condition of the lines but since it is all but lost as an easily accessible training location I doubt anyone has been out to maintain them.

As it turns out the Google Maps satellite view has been updated, however the street-view has not yet been updated.

Thanks for that. A shame really. It was an ideal place to do compass work or a night dive for inexperienced divers, or Advanced courses etc.

At least hearing from someone who has actually seen these changes I can put the question to rest. (rather than a bunch of "I heard ......" :)

I guess the "Scuba Park" in Brockville that the shops are promoting is the closest thing like it for a shore dive in the area.

Back
Top Bottom