'The problem with younger divers'--link to blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The Problem with Younger Divers--blog by John Bantin.

It's a blog, so a lot of it is overstated (as should be the case with blogs), but from the perspective of a 50+ "old burp" (I'm making up a feminine form of "old fart" for us gals), I can relate to most of it, except....

...I'm one of those divers who has trouble getting into an inflatable after a dive and is
reduced to an undignified mass that must be rolled unceremoniously into the boat
I'm sure this is at least partly age-related and due to my bad rotator cuffs, and also to the fact that as a woman, my thickest parts are in the bottom half while my upper body strength is nowhere near that of a man of roughly the same fitness level. It's d***ed hard to lift all those "thick parts" out of the water and into the RIB with my wonky shoulders and girly arms.

How about you other "old farts" and "old burps" out there? How do you relate to this blog?

Nice. It simultaneously warmed my heart and made me laugh.

It's a problem in way more than diving.

Way more.

Does anyone else find it amusing to listen to baby boomers complain about the youth of today and how little respect they give their elders.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom