The scars caused by surgery whether it will affect the career of a technical diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BestRailgun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a newface to the scuba diving but i have been ridden downhill bikes for a while, got my bones broken and left few scars due to surgery. Scuba diving is so attractive to me especially the technical diving,so if there is any limitation about this case? Thanks

As long as you can get a good seal, at wrists, ankles, and around your mask, i doubt that scars will be an issue.

Don't worry. Everyone looks fabulous underwater. It makes everything look 25% bigger. ahem.... ahem...

I have a ton of scars from road and track (bicycle) racing. No issues here. Now, the internal scarring I received as a kid.... different matter entirely. So hard to scream into a regulator.

First, welcome to SB. Second, I asked the MODS to move this to a better forum for your question (Medical).

if you have the normal odd scar, i really dont see it being an issue.

but if you have significant scarring to a large portion of your body, i would double check with your doctor, and then give DAN a call (DAN Medical Information Line +1-919-684-2948) as it may affect how your tissues off gas.

Don't worry. Everyone looks fabulous underwater. It makes everything look 25% bigger. ahem.... ahem...

I have a ton of scars from road and track (bicycle) racing. No issues here. Now, the internal scarring I received as a kid.... different matter entirely. So hard to scream into a regulator.
great I think i dont have to cut downhill for diving now. BTW Dune is great too.

if you have the normal odd scar, i really dont see it being an issue.

but if you have significant scarring to a large portion of your body, i would double check with your doctor, and then give DAN a call (DAN Medical Information Line +1-919-684-2948) as it may affect how your tissues off gas.
Thanks I will consult with a doctor when i promote to technical diver

Back
Top Bottom