The Scuba Tour Teams-Up With Red Cross for Plano Balloon Festival!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
Reply-to: william@clinegroup.net

Dear Diving Industry Partners,

The Scuba Tour in cooperation with dive retailers in the Dallas, Texas
area, will be raising funds for disaster relief efforts at the planned
Plano Balloon Festival this weekend in Plano, Texas (Dallas).

According to Scuba Tour Director William Cline "The Scuba Tour typically
offers a totally free experience for people to try scuba - but in
light of the events last week - we feel it appropriate to use this
opportunity in Texas to raise funds for families in NYC and Washington
DC. After conferring with officials from the North Texas Scuba Retailers
Association, we all concluded that given the situation, this would be
the most appropriate thing we, as a dive industry, can do for these
hurting families."

A Press Conference is schedule for Sunday, September 23rd, 4pm with
local Red Cross Officials and the media to hand over the donated funds.
Local Dallas-Area dive retailers have been encouraged to participate in
the donation, as all the funds collected will go to the NYC and DC
disaster relief efforts.

For more information, contact Patti Shingler, Media Coordinator for The
Scuba Tour, 972-267-6700, Ext. 14, or patti@thescubatour.com.

Thanks for your time during these difficult days.

Sincerely,

William Cline
Tour Director
The Scuba Tour, Inc.
http://www.thescubatour.com

Tour Produced By:

Cline Group Advertising
Dallas Air Park
6340 Beech St.
Plano, TX 75093
972-267-6700
972-267-6770 fax

http://www.clinegroup.net

Don....

any details on if they need qualified volunteers?

Thanks for posting this Don. I knew your master mind would know how. I can cut and paste from here to others, but not from others to here yet.
Texas Divers: This is worth it. Please try to go.
William has been sending me his emails for quite awhile now. I haven't been able to go yet, but I'd love to hear what you think of it. He is dedicated to opening up the world of scuba to many others.
:sunny:

I work for the City of Plano thus I have to work at the fest. I'll check it out and see wassup. I have heard of the Cline group advertising, but not Scuba Tour. I knew there was going to be a group there offering a free discover scuba but I had no idea the extent.

Tom

Don if you can make it down drop me a line, anyone else for that matter.

Cool Tom!
I'm so glad you'll be working at the fest. It's going to be a bit different then other cities, I think. They have always traveled around with a scuba "tank" and let people try scuba for free. It sounds like this one might be a little different.
I can't wait to hear your report.

Natasha I dropped your name on William Cline and it got me VIP treatment, Thanks

The have a 25'x44'x4' tank that is set up. Heated with a dual filtration and sanitization system. I talked for a few minutes with a lady named Patty, she is the Sales manager.

They find or get invited to a show like Balloon fest and she contacts a group of the area dive shops and clubs. The shops provide the gear and manpower (volunteers) and scuba tour provides the water, waivers, and collects names, addresses and phone numbers of all who get wet. That list is then furnished to the shop.

It exposes people to scuba who most likely never would have set foot into a dive shop. I talked up Scuba Source Network and scuba board as best as I could. We were both limited on time, she was busy and my 2yo was rapidly getting bored. It was a really nice setup. Looked very professional and safe. It was simply duck into one of the changing rooms, pull on a 2mil suit climb into the pool, gear up, listen to the instructor, and blow bubbles. Two divers per instructor I think.

I don't know what else I can tell you. Looked like a really neat operation. I would much rather have been helping there than sitting at my booth.

Tom

Tom,
Thank you so much for the report. I thought they were running a quality operation, and I'm glad to know that indeed, they are. When they bring it here to Chicago, I'll be sure to go now.
Glad he treated you well! You deserve it.
Isn't it great to know how any more peope will be able to experience Scuba, because of these people. And for free too!
Very cool!
:sunny:

She told me that it isn't uncommon for dive shops to turn her down for volunteers to work. She said the shops acted as if they should be paid for providing help. It never ceases to amaze me the short sightedness of some business people.
Scuba divers are kinda like hunters and fishermen... we are always looking to reach out to the next generation and teach them a love for what we do. We do more to protect what we love than any one else. With out that so much would be lost. Scuba Tour gives us a big boost on reaching out.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom