The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my teric on a Liveaboard for a week and it worked a charm! Got lots of positive comments.

Great screen, super clear. Battery life ok - 4 dives and using watch on “low” brightness depleted battery about 20% over a day

Couple of things to note:

Also tried using a 3rd party qi charger and got the high temp warning. Any views from SW welcome?

A quibble: if you switch to a gas underwater that is not “on”, it turns that gas on. Presumably that impacts the deco algorithm, eg the TTS calculations. However you can’t turn it off again Underwater so if you select it by accident, could it affect the subsequent dives’ tissue calculations?? Again, response from SW welcome...?

You can turn off the gas in the edit gases menue

At least you can in the perdix and this looks the same.i agree you should be able to disable a gas in the select gas menu. It would make it alot easier, or just eliminate the gasses that not "on" in the select gas menu.

Just looking over the Perdix AI and Teric AI screen displays...

I really like the Perdix AI graphics with the tank display AND the actual pressure remaining... quick to glance and check.

While space is tight on the Teric face I'm wondering if a Perdix style tank graphical device could be added to the firmware wishlist?

Teric screen OC Tech.PNG
Perdix AI screen OC Tech hilighted.PNG

Teric AI:
Teric screen AI display.PNG

Regarding scratches...
I bet gun blue would work great to fix these. I've used all three of these products to darken various metal for various reasons and I bet it would be great for this application. If someone wants to sell me their scratched up Teric for a few hundred off MSRP I'll gladly give it a go and report back here.

20180819_082051.jpg

Can you do that underwater? Will do a specific test in a couple of weeks
You can with the Perdix.. you can even add a gas if you wish.

I never tried with the teric, but the software is the same so I think it will work. It is a pain though and I agree you shout be able to select a gas that was not on in the edit gases menu

...Also tried using a 3rd party qi charger and got the high temp warning. Any views from SW welcome?
Misaligned or mismatched charging antennas will generate extra heat. When the high temp warning shows up, the charging process gets interrupted to prevent damage. You can resume charging once the temperature drops.

A quibble: if you switch to a gas underwater that is not “on”, it turns that gas on. Presumably that impacts the deco algorithm, eg the TTS calculations. However you can’t turn it off again Underwater so if you select it by accident, could it affect the subsequent dives’ tissue calculations?? Again, response from SW welcome...?
The Edit Gases menu is available underwater. Through this you can turn off any gas underwater.

Just looking over the Perdix AI and Teric AI screen displays...

I really like the Perdix AI graphics with the tank display AND the actual pressure remaining... quick to glance and check.

While space is tight on the Teric face I'm wondering if a Perdix style tank graphical device could be added to the firmware wishlist?
I've added it to the official wishlist. Please keep in mind this does not constitute a promise to implement it.

I've added it to the official wishlist. Please keep in mind this does not constitute a promise to implement it.

Understand, many thanks for considering my request!

Mine came in today (thanks Dive Right In Scuba) though I won’t be able to dive with it till Saturday it seems like a nice piece of gear and I’m really digging the intuitive four button interface.

I have to admit I’m a little concerned with scratching the bezel but I guess time will tell on that.

Also, while I’m nitpicking I’d like to see a few more options for watch faces in watch mode. It doesn’t make sense to have 15 color options and two watch faces.

PS I know it’s half way through 2018 and we’re neck deep in the digital era but is it too much to ask to get a physical copy of the manual when buying a thousand dollar piece of electronics?

Back
Top Bottom